Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Retrieve Wifi Passwords

Default Retrieve Wifi Passwords
    Is there a way to retrieve stored Wifi Passwords from the iPhone?

someones wanting to connect to that wifi lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Iblunt420 View Post
    No
    I think you should be able to, Linux has aircrack which with a few terminal commands can pull the WEP code from a locked wifi, Mac and the iphone run on a linux kernal so in theory it can work
    Apple Iphone 1.1.4 ziphone'd
    OS Ubuntu 7.10
    OS Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by nick w View Post
    I think you should be able to, Linux has aircrack which with a few terminal commands can pull the WEP code from a locked wifi, Mac and the iphone run on a linux kernal so in theory it can work
    it is possible, but to get packets and then to get the wep out of the packets......i mean, programs like aircrack require a decent amopunt of packets....unless you do a brute force using a dictionary...but yea, you need someone to actually make this program work on iphone....would be a waste of time tho...who is gonna stare at there iphone waiting for packets and then getting the key? too long to stay in a corner just to get into someones wifi....and if your at home, just do it on your faster running pc....

thanx button in advance if you found my info useful....
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (04-24-2009)

I don't think that was his question. He wants to know if you already entered the password once on your iphone if there is a way to retreive it. Where are the wifi keys stored on the iphone? Which file?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rivest For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (04-24-2009)

Thanks

I don't think that was his question. He wants to know if you already entered the password once on your iphone if there is a way to retreive it.

This is just what is happening to me!

I just went from 2.0.2 to 2.2.1 and I am starting all over again, so when I go into cydia, it is asking me to join my own wifi connection, but, I can't remember my password? Does anyone know what I should do?
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

you could reset your wifi password... in your router and then write it down somewhere

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (04-23-2009)

Thanks

ok, cool, I will try that in the morning! I'm soo freaking tired and sleepy, Geesh! messing with this iphone all week was soo frustrating, but, thank goodness a couple of really cool guys helped me BIG TIME!! And thank you also for this suggestion, hopefully it will work

Ok, well nighty night folks, I'm gonna crash now! I will let you know how it goes, just in case it may be happening to others.

Ok, just to make sure, when you say reset my password in my router, you mean, like the cd i stuck in my pc when I was first installing my router deal right? There should be an otpion in there to do that? I have the ATT wireless router, with modem built in. I think Hehehhee Ok, now I just need to find that cd ha!

Thank you, I will start looking right now.

Something weird just happened? I left my self a voicemail from my home phone, and my phone made the sound like of a text, so I check it, and sure enough, it is showing as a text, not a voicemail, which of course the text is just the bubble and empty, but no voicemail? What gives? I need for my voicemail deal to work
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 04-24-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    I don't think that was his question. He wants to know if you already entered the password once on your iphone if there is a way to retreive it.

This is just what is happening to me!

I just went from 2.0.2 to 2.2.1 and I am starting all over again, so when I go into cydia, it is asking me to join my own wifi connection, but, I can't remember my password? Does anyone know what I should do?
    I'm not sure why you would get a txt message and not a voicemail, but My first question would be to ask you if you did a "shift/command" restore option when going to fw 2.2 or did you just upgrade your jailbroken phone from 2.0.2 to 2.2.1??? because if you did, that may be the problem. I have read that upgrading rather that restoring to a new firmware on a jailbroken phone can mess files up....

So if you did just upgrade, i would just RESTART and do a (hold down *shift-for pc/ command-for mac* and click restore to select the firmware you want to update to *while in DFU mode) restore...

as for the WIFI router.... you can connect through your web-browser if you cannot find the cd... my router is set up with an IP address as 192.168.0.1 This is standard for most routers. when i type that into the web-address box on my browser, I am prompted for a username and password for the router.... if you didnt change them when you set up your router the default is usually admin for username and password for password.... (unless you changed them, of coarse)

to determine what your routers IP address is, connect to it with something you already have the password saved to, like your iphone, and go to settings/Wi-Fi Network/ then click the blue arrow your phone is connected to and it will show you IP address of the ROUTER

Hopefully, you know the name and password of the router settings and within there, you will be able to change the password of the Wi-Fi..... Hope this helps

Cheers,

MrB
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mrblader For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (04-25-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,209 Times in 6,214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Something weird just happened? I left my self a voicemail from my home phone, and my phone made the sound like of a text, so I check it, and sure enough, it is showing as a text, not a voicemail, which of course the text is just the bubble and empty, but no voicemail? What gives? I need for my voicemail deal to work
    T Mo has done a software system upgrade and this is affecting iPhone users on T Mo. They say they are working in the problem. Do a restart, and the badge will go away, well at least it did for me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (04-25-2009)

Thanks

Yes, I just read what is going on as far as the t-mobile problem with the voicemails on another thread here under "Empty text"

I am not having a problem with the red dot, as I am not even getting the red dot telling me I have a voicemail, weird But, my concern is....aren't we missing voicemails that people might be leaving us??

I sent myself a voicemail from my home phone, and it showed on my phone, that I had a text, and of course it was empty, so I guess we are missing voicemails huh?

"to determine what your routers IP address is, connect to it with something you already have the password saved to, like your iphone, and go to settings/Wi-Fi Network/ then click the blue arrow your phone is connected to and it will show you IP address of the ROUTER"

Thats the problem though, when I go into my phone, I need all that, it is not showing it to me, It shows,

IP address DHCP BOOTP Static
    then ip address, (which all of this is empty)
    subnet mask router dns search domain
    http proxy off mauel auto (not sure which it should be on?)
    server port authentication

All of those spaces are empty, what do I put in them?

ok, just got off the phone with att to see if they could give me the password for my wifi, which yep! they did, actually it was just my home phone number! Duuuhh! hehehe
    So i put the password in, but, it seems that the little E for the edge is still on the top of my phone, which before it used to be the little wifi signals on there, since that's what I have here at home? Like it used to automatically connect to wifi, and now it seems I have to go in settings and actually press wifi, cuz it is showing that its not connected, so I press it, then it connects.
    So is there a place somewhere, where i am supossed to press something to have it automatically connect when I am around wifi, without having to manually press "connect to wifi" everytime?
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 04-25-2009 at 01:32 PM.