+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Veency and iTunnel.exe to VNC connect to your iphone with no wifi

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I was following the instruction here and still having problem. Then i figured out that you dont need iTunnel, Python or Usbmux ect. Just need Veency on iPhone and enable
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was following the instruction here and still having problem.

Then i figured out that you dont need iTunnel, Python or Usbmux ect.

Just need Veency on iPhone
    and enable tethering USB.
    VNC Viewer for PC

Find out the default gateway address of the tethering connection on your PC under Network Connections. Click on Local Area Network(iPhone tethering) > Support Tab > Note Default Gate way addr.

mine is 172.20.10.1 but it may be different on yours.
    Open VNC viewer and connect using the default gate way address.

This is similar to how you would connect via WIFI.

WIFI Method > you obtain the default gate way address on your iPhone
    USB Method > obtain the default gateway address via iPhone Tethering LOCAL AREA NETWORK CONNECTION on PC.
    Last edited by leetsnail; 05-12-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: adding VNC Viewer

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leetsnail For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-28-2011), madmanjoe (01-16-2012), smithgt (05-03-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Leetsnail is absolutely right. None of the other methods worked for me but with iPhone 4 running ios 4.2.1 jailbroken and PC with Windows 7, I was able to VNC perfectly.

I had to bypass my network provider's crippling of USB tethering using MyWi from Cydia. I installed Veency from Cydia too, switched it on. Switched on usb tethering in MyWi to establish a connection to the laptop. Immediately the laptop established a network connection which I could then look at the properties for and find the default gateway IP address.

Started Real VNC viewer on the laptop and entered the IP address and straight away got a connection request on the iPhone. Clicked OKAY and away I went

Hope this offers some hope - all credit to Leetsnail

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,290 Times in 5,960 Posts

leet, very nice and simple. works like a charm. i don't even want to tell you how many hours i spent on this. you are the man!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is great,
    I really need to get my screen on the PC,
    I am having the white screen problem (on a 3gs) where iphone is working but screen is unresponsive (no WIFI),
    I would be able to install veency using the cydia auto install but the problem is, from my understanding, when I connect I will be asked on the iphone to accept the vnc connection,
    but since I cant do anything on the iphone, is there anyways around it?

thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks leetsnail - I've been trying to do this since I jailbroke my iphone 4.

Now I've established a VNC session between my iPhone and PC, how do I emulate hitting the home button?

Also is the a preferred desktop version of VNC for iPhone use?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithgt View Post
    Thanks leetsnail - I've been trying to do this since I jailbroke my iphone 4.

Now I've established a VNC session between my iPhone and PC, how do I emulate hitting the home button?

Also is the a preferred desktop version of VNC for iPhone use?
    Right Click = Home
    Slide to unlock = Left Click and Hold and Drag.. ect
    Very easy to use.

I used VNC Viewer on PC and Chicken VNC for MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by shahramsh View Post
    this is great,
    I really need to get my screen on the PC,
    I am having the white screen problem (on a 3gs) where iphone is working but screen is unresponsive (no WIFI),
    I would be able to install veency using the cydia auto install but the problem is, from my understanding, when I connect I will be asked on the iphone to accept the vnc connection,
    but since I cant do anything on the iphone, is there anyways around it?

thanks.
    Go to setting on iphone > Veency > set a default password.
    Open the VNC Viewer (Configured IP Correctly and connection has been established) then hit connect
    Pop-up will ask you to enter the password (which you have set on the iphone)
    thats it.
    Last edited by leetsnail; 05-12-2011 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That works perfectly ! thank you very much !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello
    I've been googline most of the day to look for a solution to the fact I cannot connect to my iPhone on my PC via a USB tethered connection.
    I've tried iTunnel, Python and the default gateway option all to no avail.
    The closest I get is through iTunnel where I get and error.
    This is what I get when I start tightVNC connection to 127.0.0.1:5900

new connection !
    MobileDevice: AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe: USBMuxListenerCreate: No error AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe = -402653131
    callback error !
    Any idea what's causing this?
    I've allowed USB tethering through MyWi, I've downloaded and toggled Veency on, and I've even enabled SSH. Still nothing....

Thanks

EDIT: I've got the python route 'working' to the point that I attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1
    But now I get the error:
    error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
    No acceptance message came up on my iPhone.
    Come to think of it, could this be because I am blocking push notifications with Lockinfo?

EDIT: Got it working.
    I just had to download itunes onto my work pc.
    Last edited by Nikeyg; 06-14-2011 at 08:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

work's nice and smooth with iPhone 2G 3.1.3 (openSSH, veency) and Win XP (tightvnc) THX a lot :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Confirm leetsnail method still works in iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4.

I only have one small prob, the VNC viewer showed me the full resolution for iPhone 4... it's huge. Any VNC viewer than can scale the size?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This worked amazingly well for me on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 (both iOS 4.2.1). However, I recently upgraded to iOS 5.0.1, and have just tried to use Veency - no luck. My PC can't connect, but Veency is installed, and definitely running.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Cheers,

Chris

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone did not reboot after installing veency in iphone 4 [ios 5.0.1]
    Hi,
    I need to setup remote access to mobile through PC.

I have jailbreaked and cydia got installed in my iPhone 4 [ios 5.0.1]. Then i tried to install veency, installation was going on and at last it was rebooting. but it just stopped there and shows black screen and apple icon & it did not start again.

I faced this issue two times.

Any ideas will be appreciative.

Thankyou

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all.

I have iPhone4 with iOS 4.1. Jailbroken. Veency installed via Cydia. RealVNC4 Viewer. Windows7.

Couldn't work out why I couldn't connect to my iPhone via RealVNC (as I used to months ago). After a while I twigged that I needed to go into Settings->Veency and enable access! (I'd forgotten I turned access off some time ago - probably to save memory/CPU cycles).

Enabled access and I was able to connect via VNC no problem.

I *did not use* MyWi4 ... my iPhone has Wifi enabled and accesses my home wifi network and uses a fixed (static) IP address. My Windows7 laptop connects to my home network via ethernet cable and a static IP. Sometimes I access my home LAn via wifi if I'm out in the garden.

Regardless of whether I use ethernet or wifi on my laptop, I can VNC into my iPhone's static IP. My iPhone can be in my bedroom while I'm in the study and I can access the iPhone via VNC no problem. If I plug in my iPhone into my laptop via USB cable (to charge it only - NOT to use MyWi4), I can still connect to it via VNC over wifi.

So in summary, all I'm using is iOS4.1 on iPhone4, Veency, the free RealVNC4 Viewer, both iPhone and laptop configured to use static IP address on my home LAN (ethernet with a wifi access point).

Of course static IP addresses are NOT required to make this work - I just like assigning static IPs to my devices at home so I can connect to them remotely (I have several computers, laptops, and iDevices). I like to to use TeamViewer for most remote access tasks (I find it better than VNC and LogmeIn etc).

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I don't have the cursor mismatch issue - what I point to with my mouse inside the VNC window (iPhone desktop/springboard) is what gets activated when I click my mouse (so I don't have the cursor-offset issue others have mentioned). Perhaps I have a later version of Veency?

Also I have not tried all this on an iDevice with iOS5 installed.

Hope this helps others.
    Last edited by SEOGuy; 02-26-2012 at 05:54 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As a follow-up to my post above, I also want to let you know that I am able to connect (via VNC) to my iPhone when it's on 3G (and not connected to my local wifi or tethered to my laptop).

Here's what I did: I turned off WiFi on my iPhone4 and turned on 3G. I used a springboard app (I think it's called SBSETTINGS) to show me what my data IP address is (as issued my by mobile carrier) as I cannot seem to find this info via the inbuilt iPhone Settings app. I then VNC'd into this IP address. Up popped my iPhone desktop in my VNC window - sweet!

Now, you have to have 3G enabled on your phone and show your receiving a 3G signal (you won't be able to connect to your iPhone if you're just showing an Edge signal or the little empty circle symbol - which I think means you're somewhere between and Edge and a 3G signal).

See my screenshot attached. The 3G (carrier issued) IP address I was connecting to was 49.185.135.163 As you can see this isn't a private IP address (it's one issued by my carrier in Australia - Optus Mobile).

* BTW my Veency has a pswd so you won't be able to connect to my iPhone! *

Use Veency and iTunnel.exe to VNC connect to your iphone with no wifi-vnc-2-iphone4-over-3g.png This could be very useful next time I forget my iPhone4 at work! I could simply VNC into it (if the IP address hasn't changed) and either play a sound (so a colleague can find it for me) or check if I've missed any phone calls/text messages or shut it down or turn on the camera for webcam ... whatever.

By the way I do have the standard Windows7 firewall turned on, and have set up a rule that allows VNC traffic thru my firewall.

If you cannot connect via VNC to your 3G connected iPhone then (a) check your firewall if you have one installed and (b) perhaps your mobile carrier doesn't support traffic on the VNC port/stream.
    Last edited by SEOGuy; 02-26-2012 at 07:16 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! Itīs very useful!!!

By the way, does anyone know how to press the "send" button in whatsapp using the keyboard? Itīs quite annoying to use the mouse...

JAE
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why not just use a VNC Viewer like TightVNC or VNC Viewer Plus (which you can rotate the screen for landscape).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JAE View Post
    Why not just use a VNC Viewer like TightVNC or VNC Viewer Plus (which you can rotate the screen for landscape).
    If your are answering to me, I guess I didnīt explain myself. I would like to chat using only the computer keyboard. I can already do it now, but I have to use the mouse to click the send button everytime I want to send the message.

JAE
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cokicornas View Post
    If your are answering to me, I guess I didnīt explain myself. I would like to chat using only the computer keyboard. I can already do it now, but I have to use the mouse to click the send button everytime I want to send the message.
    I meant in general, but I do know what you mean. Not all apps work with the enter/return key as the Send button and I think there's no work around.

Thanks

i know this is a year later but im absolutely going bananas here, i have tried 3 different VNC for windows 7 downloads and nothing is working after hours of trying everything my limited computer knowledge can do, and that new simple way sounds easy but like i said im limited here and i dont understand.. thanks i will try tho'!!!
    i love my iphone4

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234