+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Veency and iTunnel.exe to VNC connect to your iphone with no wifi

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by pimpinpapoii Sorry I took so long, I have been with out my laptop this past weekend and was not able to reply. Anyways, Here it goes: Considering
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pimpinpapoii View Post
    Sorry I took so long, I have been with out my laptop this past weekend and was not able to reply.

Anyways, Here it goes:

Considering you already already have a VNC viewer on your PC and Veency installed on your jailbroken iPhone, you will need to download the following:

- Python 2.6.x (grab the latest Python 2.6.4 Windows installer. Click Here!)

- usbmuxd 1.0.2 (usbmuxd 1.0.2)

(Unzip the file and extract to the directory of your choice.) Since we are not using Linux, we will only be using the python-clientdirectory. I extracted to the root C: directory because it is easier for me to find.

Note: The following directions reflect having downloaded both files above to your root C: directory. You can save in the files in any directory you wish to, however you will need to change the DOS commands to your need.

Edit Poseidon: When cutting and pasting the above commands into your CMD promnt you MUST delete the blank space between the colon and the \ in order for it to work.

That being said:

Open a CMD screen and use the following....

cd C: \usbmuxd-1.0.2\python-client

c: \python26\python.exe tcprelay.py 5900

If you have followed all the instructions carefully, you should then get the following message:
    "Forwarding local port 5900 to remote port 5900"

Start up your VNC client, and use the 127.0.0.1 address.

You should now be able to connect to localhost using VNC.

Please remember:
    iTunes must be installed and the iTunes mobile device helper must be running.3

Let me know if this works for you.
    Everything works great, but on my 32-bit Vista notebook, all I see in the VNC viewer is a black background (regardless of whether I use Ultr@VNC or RealVNC Viewer) and a small white square cursor. I can see, move, and use the cursor (via my notebook mouse) on my iPod Touch okay, but I should be able to see my iPod Touch springboard in the VNC viewer window on my Vista notebook though, right? Any suggestions about how to fix this problem? Details: 32-bit Vista notebook connected to iPod Touch 3.1.3, UltraVNC Viewer 1.0.8.2 and RealVNC Viewer Personal for Win32 4.5.3.39012.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Have you tried right-clicking anywhere in the black screen?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just tried it, with no luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you are also running a VNC server on your notebook, turn that off first. then run the commands.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Made sure that VNC server wasn't running on the PC, and tried running the commands again. The problem persists, little bugger.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the black screen problem as well. I had the same problem when I actually had WiFi, but I fixed that. This however, has me stumped. Any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still having the problem. How did you solve the problem with Wifi? The solution might be applicable to USB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Black Screen Fix
    If you are using Veency on the Iphone and trying to connect via ultra/tight vnc and are experiencing the black screen... do the following.

Download the older verison of veency and put it on your phone.

This has been tested on OS V3

I used IFile to install the older verison of Veency, I did not have to uninstall the current one. Reboot the itouch/phone when finished.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey I've been unsuccessful connecting to veency using both methods. i think it partly due to my wifi chip being burnout. i was wondering if this is the cause and is there another way to bridge internet over usb without wifi chip.

Thanks

This didn't work for me, so I used ifunbox

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys, first poster here - and an iphone user of 3 days now

this notion of vnc via usb has intrigued me a lot! i have established a connection winXP->iphone over usb (using Veency on the JB iphone and iSutal on PC). i have also established a connection iphone->winXP, but only over wifi.

what i really want to do is iphone->PC/MAC via usb. a lot of you might wonder what the point is of that. well in my case, im a muso, and id like to use my mac mini + Korg keyboard on stage without a big screen. currently im using a laptop on stage, but it's hard to hide it from the audience's view. this is where an iphone would be useful!

like i said, i can do this over wifi, but the refresh rate is pretty low, and any wifi dropouts/failures could spell disaster!

surely this is possible if you can already control your iphone from windows.. ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone up to a tutorial with win 7 and iPhone 4? please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The exact of user "pimpinpapoii" elaborated (Thanks man, it worked):

in the text below the ":" and "\" are seperated with one [SPACE] REMOVE the [SPACE] between de ":" and the "\", they are displayed in blue.

(works for me in windows 7 AND iphone 4)

1) install "veency" on your iphone through "Cydia"
    2) extract contents of 'iTunnel.zip' to the "c:" drive in the folder "iTunnel" (you have to make an folder "iTunnel" on the "c:" drive)
    3) Replace the "iTunesMobileDevice.dll" file from the "iTunnel" folder with the one found in:
    "c: \Program Files\iTunes". The "iTune" folder is the folder which you made in step 2
    4) download and install python (on the "c:" drive), e.g. "c: \python#" (# = version number of python)
    5) download the "usbmuxd 1.0.2" => http://marcansoft.com/uploads/usbmux...-1.0.2.tar.bz2
    extract the contents on the "c:" drive in the folder "usbmux"
    6) go to "start" > "All programs" > "Accessories" > "Command prompt"
    7) type the following commands (after each command press [ENTER])

cd\
    cd c: \usbmuxd\python-client
    C: \Python27\python.exe tcprelay.py 5900

The first command, brings back to root level
    The second command brings you to the 'usbmuxd'-script DIRECTORY
    The third command RUNS the "tcprelay" script THROUGH the installed "python" interperter / compiler (c: \python#)

an alternative way for the above step (7):
    - in the top LEFT corner of the command prompt window you see a little black command prompt icon on which you can click.
    - When you click on it, go to "edit" > "mark" / "paste"
    - if you choose "paste" then text from the clipboard will be pasted INTO the command prompt window!
    - so now you can copy an paste the above commands in the command prompt window!

8) After you have entered the last command from (7) you'll get the following message:

9) Start your favourite VNC client on your PC, and go the following ip address: 127.0.0.1 (you do not have to add the 5900 port)
    immediatly after connecting to 127.0.0.1 you'll get an message on your iphone => "Remote Access Request... Accept connection from 127.0.0.1? ...."
    you can accept or reject.

10) to disconnect, you can unplug the phone from the usb port (at least...that's the way I do it).
    to connect after disconnecting, just repeat step 9

* You do NOT have to use the above folder names ("usbmuxd" , "iTunnel" ...) but it makes it easier to use step 7 (where you use the commands)
    * There may be a different (better?) way to disconnect
    * The realtime mouse pointer tracking on the PC is sluggish / jerky... on the iPhone it should smooth
    * DO NOT FORGET TO INSTALL "VEENCY" ON YOUR IPHONE FIRST (THROUGH "CYDIA")
    * "c: \python#" => the # means the python version, example (c: \pyhton27, at the time of this writing it was version 27 => 2.7)
    Last edited by learner; 09-09-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have veency working on my iphone4 and then vnc client working on my mac, the problem I'm having is the mouse clicks to open and close applications and other functions do not line up with what I'm clicking.

Is there a fix for this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

I've had it working for a while now on windows 7 with my iPhone 4, I use a batch file to start the connection and run vnc all in one shortcut. Here's the code
    Code:
    # start VNC Viewer
    start C:Progra~2RealVNCVNC4vncviewer.exe

#start Tunnel Service
    cd C:Program Files (x86)iTunnelusbmuxdusbmuxd-1.0.2python-client
    C:Progra~1Pythonpython.exe tcprelay.py 5900
    Unfortunately due to the new higher resolution of the iPhone 4 the cursor doesn't match up to the screen, I was wondering if anyone knew how to change this, or change the size of the VNC window that comes up as it now takes up my entire screen!

Thanks,

Leigh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lellis2k View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've had it working for a while now on windows 7 with my iPhone 4, I use a batch file to start the connection and run vnc all in one shortcut. Here's the code
    Code:
    # start VNC Viewer
    start C:Progra~2RealVNCVNC4vncviewer.exe

#start Tunnel Service
    cd C:Program Files (x86)iTunnelusbmuxdusbmuxd-1.0.2python-client
    C:Progra~1Pythonpython.exe tcprelay.py 5900
    Unfortunately due to the new higher resolution of the iPhone 4 the cursor doesn't match up to the screen, I was wondering if anyone knew how to change this, or change the size of the VNC window that comes up as it now takes up my entire screen!

Thanks,

Leigh
    That would explain why my clicks aren't lining up. In for an answer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by learner View Post
    The exact of user "pimpinpapoii" elaborated (Thanks man, it worked):

in the text below the ":" and "" are seperated with one [SPACE] REMOVE the [SPACE] between de ":" and the "", they are displayed in blue.

(works for me in windows 7 AND iphone 4)

1) install "veency" on your iphone through "Cydia"
    2) extract contents of 'iTunnel.zip' to the "c:" drive in the folder "iTunnel" (you have to make an folder "iTunnel" on the "c:" drive)
    3) Replace the "iTunesMobileDevice.dll" file from the "iTunnel" folder with the one found in:
    "c: Program FilesiTunes". The "iTune" folder is the folder which you made in step 2
    4) download and install python (on the "c:" drive), e.g. "c: python#" (# = version number of python)
    5) download the "usbmuxd 1.0.2" => http://marcansoft.com/uploads/usbmux...-1.0.2.tar.bz2
    extract the contents on the "c:" drive in the folder "usbmux"
    6) go to "start" > "All programs" > "Accessories" > "Command prompt"
    7) type the following commands (after each command press [ENTER])

cd
    cd c: usbmuxdpython-client
    C: Python27python.exe tcprelay.py 5900

The first command, brings back to root level
    The second command brings you to the 'usbmuxd'-script DIRECTORY
    The third command RUNS the "tcprelay" script THROUGH the installed "python" interperter / compiler (c: python#)

an alternative way for the above step (7):
    - in the top LEFT corner of the command prompt window you see a little black command prompt icon on which you can click.
    - When you click on it, go to "edit" > "mark" / "paste"
    - if you choose "paste" then text from the clipboard will be pasted INTO the command prompt window!
    - so now you can copy an paste the above commands in the command prompt window!

8) After you have entered the last command from (7) you'll get the following message:

9) Start your favourite VNC client on your PC, and go the following ip address: 127.0.0.1 (you do not have to add the 5900 port)
    immediatly after connecting to 127.0.0.1 you'll get an message on your iphone => "Remote Access Request... Accept connection from 127.0.0.1? ...."
    you can accept or reject.

10) to disconnect, you can unplug the phone from the usb port (at least...that's the way I do it).
    to connect after disconnecting, just repeat step 9

* You do NOT have to use the above folder names ("usbmuxd" , "iTunnel" ...) but it makes it easier to use step 7 (where you use the commands)
    * There may be a different (better?) way to disconnect
    * The realtime mouse pointer tracking on the PC is sluggish / jerky... on the iPhone it should smooth
    * DO NOT FORGET TO INSTALL "VEENCY" ON YOUR IPHONE FIRST (THROUGH "CYDIA")
    * "c: python#" => the # means the python version, example (c: pyhton27, at the time of this writing it was version 27 => 2.7)
    i followed the instructions and im having the following error after number 7):

File "tcprelay.py", line 71 print "Incoming connection to %d"%self.server.server_address[1]
    please help!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi

Its working for me on xp with iphone 4.1 BUT I cant seem to text input on the iphone???

The clicks work and i CAN remotely open the SMS application but I cant type. It doesn't acknowledge any clicks on the keys when i left click the mouse?

It seems to recognise a few clicks like opening the sms app or other apps but then not some clicks like on the iphones keyboard

Im using this batch file below

# start VNC Viewer
    start C:viewer.exe

#start Tunnel Service
    cd\
    cd c: \usbmuxd\python-client
    C: \Python27\python.exe tcprelay.py 5900

Last edited by webup; 12-19-2010 at 06:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Webup, I'm having the same exact issue. I double checked and made sure i wasn't in view only mode in VNC on my PC, but as i can click and swipe on my iphone i didn't think that was the case.

I would love an answer to the no text input problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hi guys, I am able to use Veency no problem with WI FI but ti's always disconnecting and crashing my springboard. Some days it works perfect and others (like today) it doesn't work at all. It just keeps disconnecting.

Does any have a true fix to use USB for this? I'm running 4.1 and have the iphone 4

Please and thanks.