View Poll Results: What is the better IM client?

Voters
729. You may not vote on this poll
  • AppolloIM

297 40.74%
  • MobileChat

278 38.13%
  • Online Sites like meebo and beejive still rock

154 21.12%
+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ApolloIM vs. Mobile Chat

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
fring is king! It so far is the most stable IM out there for the iphone. May lack some flexibility of Mobile chat and Apollo IM in terms of user
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

fring is king!

It so far is the most stable IM out there for the iphone. May lack some flexibility of Mobile chat and Apollo IM in terms of user interface and options to turn off vibrate etc, but Fring I found uses less memory in the background that both Apollo and MobileChat. Also Fring, can be online all day, without crashing to springboard. This cannot be said of the latter.

All programs in the background are automatically turned off by OSX when the memory gets low. So there is no real way to keep chat programs going, unless you load very little other stuff afterwards, and hence ehy Fring is better, since it ues less RAM, you have more free RAM before OSx switches it off. Wonder if we can make background applications into system apps, so that they cannot be shut down when memory is low.

MAzor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    fring is king!

It so far is the most stable IM out there for the iphone. May lack some flexibility of Mobile chat and Apollo IM in terms of user interface and options to turn off vibrate etc, but Fring I found uses less memory in the background that both Apollo and MobileChat. Also Fring, can be online all day, without crashing to springboard. This cannot be said of the latter.

All programs in the background are automatically turned off by OSX when the memory gets low. So there is no real way to keep chat programs going, unless you load very little other stuff afterwards, and hence ehy Fring is better, since it ues less RAM, you have more free RAM before OSx switches it off. Wonder if we can make background applications into system apps, so that they cannot be shut down when memory is low.

MAzor
    wtf is fring?

edit: you got me interested, i am installing it now to try it out
    Last edited by bts0uth; 05-27-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks

bts0uth Fring is a voip application that supports MSN chat, Google talk, Skype and of course Fring which too is a chat program. Fring basically brings voice chatting over the internet via ur iphone, or PDA, with the ability to type chat using your favourite chat clients.

MAzor

Green Apple
    Thanks

In answer to guy who requested a notification sound for Fring...

Mine gives a little ding when a message arrives...I haven't altered the default settings.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    fring was developed professionally, and already been used under different platforms as Symbian and other phones...like from sony ericson and nokia...those people creater of fring were paid to write codes for that app...while Mobile Chat and Apollo are from independent non profit developers like us ... doing it at their spare times ...to serve the community... and depend on our donations....fring has a business, nad a marketing strategy behind them to promote that product...fring is still under testing period..once it's final version comes..there's no more free fring app!

Thanks

I like Fring the best compare to what's currenlty out there (Apollo, MobileChat).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rperalta For This Useful Post:

sullyvan (06-04-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried Apollo but it wouldnt sign me in , so MC is doing great for me.

Thanks

fring ftw

Green Apple
    Thanks

mm.. i use both fring and mobilechat.. but i only use fring for skype and mobilechat for msn and aol... just to make sure it won't crash... i used ApolloIM once and it crashed with another applications, so yeah...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    I like Fring the best compare to what's currenlty out there (Apollo, MobileChat).
    Yep, definitely Fring. They've got a ways to go as far as bugs, added functionality, etc. but I love fring over the current other offerings.

Green Apple
    Thanks

neither because you cant use them outside of a wifi hotspot, i just downloaded agile messenger this morning works better than both, it works with edge and it's really stable

Thanks

im loving the new AM. The camera feature is pretty nifty.

UiK
    Thanks

Apollo sucks. Fring sucks. MobileChat is OK. AgileMessenger is by the far the best

Thanks

since this thread is about APOLLO VS MOBILE CHAT i would like to vote mobile chat for its GUI and of course the horizontal keyboard (so i can feel cool and pretend im on a sidekick) Apollo I like because of the sounds, but thats really all, it seems to be very unstable and instead of crashing it freezes my phone..

FRING vs AGILEMESSENGER
    Frings got mad bugs and whatnot i only use this for skype..
    Agile messenger is the future of IM on the iPhone seems to work great not crashing
    i would just like to see horizontal typing and better battery life

Thanks

yea AM is hands down the victor out of all the IM apps on the iPhone currently. no need for apollo vs mobilechat anymore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Are you guys kidding me? Agile Messneger is a great program but WAYYY to buggy. It has the most features but has significant flaws..

No Landscape (No easy way to talk to anyone)
    Exits Out For no reason many times
    Doesn't run in background sometimes
    When you click send, the keyboard disappears....

So for now I am sticking with MobileChat until Agile fixes up things cause its just way to unstable now. I need landscape!

Thanks
    Mobile Chat is the best hands down...when it works of course. Does anyone know why when logging in to my msn account, it gets stuck on getting cookie and never logs in ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -Einstein

+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789