+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rights issues with 1.1.3/4

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I just noticed that many non-apple app that installs things in /var/mobile/library/??? set the owner to root and permissions to 755 or 777. I'm not sure who this should go
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Rights issues with 1.1.3/4
    I just noticed that many non-apple app that installs things in /var/mobile/library/??? set the owner to root and permissions to 755 or 777. I'm not sure who this should go to but I would think whoever creates the app should should be setting them to mobile as the owner and 700 for permissions. (root and 777 will always make it work but opens the app up more than it needs to be)

Because of this, when I upgraded to 1.1.4, I had to modify the owner for safari cookies in order for it to remember login IDs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

they really need to come out with a Repair Permissions utility. 99% of my problems come from incorrect permissions. Could this be done?

Thanks

that would be a BIG help. I'm not too fimiliar with terminal and am still a novice. So setting permissions and whatnot is killing me. I've noticed that my mobile safari no longer saves any logins or passwords. VERY annoying! When I post here for example through mobile safari I have to login after each reply and each post. How do I help safari remember my logins again?

I'm on ziphoned jb 1.1.3 16GB iPhone.