Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Finder.app not showing everything

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Finder.app not showing everything
    When I hit home in Finder, I only see the Library and Media folders. I believe my phone is jailbroken as I've run iBrickr (that jailbreaks your phone right?), but it seems like Finder treats /var/root/ as root... How do i resolve this issue?

By the way, in MobileTerminal, I can go to everything... (root contains: Applications, bin, etc, sbin, var, Library, cores, mach, tmp, System, dev, private, usr) and also Finder starts in Applications, but once I go to root (the Finder "Home" button) theres no way to navigate back, I can only hit the "Back" button to return to the Applications folder.
    Last edited by unclear; 09-04-2007 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Go in to finder and do this:

Startup: /
    Show Hidden files: On
    Application Launch: Off
    Executable Launch: On
    Protect System files: Off

and if you want to edit you SpringBoard Strings put this in at the bottom in the text area.

Strings:com.google.code.mobiletextedit

I would download text edit it will come in handy

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

hrm, i think that worked... the protect system-files was the flag that does it i think

hmm... Ok, so still kinda wierd... If i hit "Home" now, I takes me to /private/var/root/, but from there (as long as protect system-files is turned off) i can hit "Back" a few times to get to the real root.. Is there anyway to make it so the "Home" button takes you to the real root?
    Last edited by unclear; 09-04-2007 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you should be able to hit back until ur at the /