+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vibration when pressed

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
have any of you tried this app? http://code.google.com/p/iphone-haptics/ although it is only a small stand alone app at the moment soon it will be put into sms and other apps
    Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking vibration when pressed
    have any of you tried this app? http://code.google.com/p/iphone-haptics/
    although it is only a small stand alone app at the moment soon it will be put into sms and other apps (hopfully)
    so what do you guys think i cant w8 till its in sms!
    what the app does it makes the phone vibrate when u press a key to give you feed back.
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

I just tried it, it is not bad but the vibrations need to be shorter I think. Plus no feedback when button is released. I think you know when you release a button by yourself. Bring it as a preference to the whole phone, which the user can sellect at which applications he wishes feedback. But it has potantional thats for sure.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    I just tried it, it is not bad but the vibrations need to be shorter I think. Plus no feedback when button is released. I think you know when you release a button by yourself. Bring it as a preference to the whole phone, which the user can sellect at which applications he wishes feedback. But it has potantional thats for sure.

What firmware do you have? The description said that it works for the 1.1.3. I have 1.1.2, and I'm wondering if it will work for me. Does it give you preferences to modify to your liking? Any screenshots?

Also, if I were to manually install it, can I still uninstall it through Installer?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iBlade's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried it on 1.1.3 I think it will work on any firmware, because it only allows you to type text on a screen with the keyboard nothing else. No preferences to modify, it is just a concept for now. They want to modify it to work with the phone integrated. When you install it manually you can not uninstall through installer because installer won't know it's there to beginn with. Just delete the haptics.app folder respring and it's gone.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    I tried it on 1.1.3 I think it will work on any firmware, because it only allows you to type text on a screen with the keyboard nothing else. No preferences to modify, it is just a concept for now. They want to modify it to work with the phone integrated. When you install it manually you can not uninstall through installer because installer won't know it's there to beginn with. Just delete the haptics.app folder respring and it's gone.
    It didnt work on my 1.1.2. I open up the app, and its just a black screen with the googlecode site, and after it closes... everything is normal. Now whats a good program that can I use to delete this out of my iPhone?

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

umm ssh?
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

ojx
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mega battery waster

Thanks

I want this function in gpSPhone and snes4iphone.

Thanks

Default hmmmm
    there is a company that already does this stuff and has quite a bit of IP filed for haptics. I have a feeling these guys will hit some legal walls...

Thanks

There's currently a Samsung phone that does what this program does. Just a quick pulse every time you press a button. Nice feature.