Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help: Using Your Iphone As A Universal Remote?!

Cool Help: Using Your Iphone As A Universal Remote?!
    Okay so 1) I dont know exactly which section this thread should be in so admin if you think this is the wrong place, please move it, thanks in advance =]

2)This actually is a request to Poetic_Folly or other Admins on the site. But it seems making the iPhone use IR capabality is possible with the same guide that worked for the iPod. Here is the link to the iPod one.

http://features.engadget.com/2004/07...emote-control/

Now, I would like to request a few things

1)Can someone buy it and let all of us know if the IR device can work on the iphone, if so whats the cheapest price to get everything we need (i.e. hardware).

2)Also, can someone buy a bulk of these or pre-program them...after all it is a "universal" remote right? If not, the hardware is fine as well. That way you'll save money on buying bundles of these hardwares and then sell them.

3)I have money in my paypal but just around 20-30 bucks so I can only buy once someone actually has worked it for the iphone.

Hopefully someone can help in any way they can, and hopefully i'm not askin to much. Hope to hear from you guys!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is very nice i did this on my iPod. You can get all the stuff from Radioshack or bestbuy. It is less than like 20 so give it a shot The most tedious part is the frequency editing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There isnt a single reason why this would work on the iphone.