Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This would be sweet!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default This would be sweet!
    This would be so sweet if the developers of XLaunch, rSBT, and iSwap came together and created an app.

Heres what I use all for:

- iSwap for multiple screens of apps

- XLaunch just to show and hide certain apps on certain screens in iSwap (it reads the particualr Screen.plists for each particular screen and shows up correctly in the .plists)

- rSBT to arrange the order of each app on the different iSwap screens (reads each particualr Screen.plists for each particaulr screen as well)

Would be tight if they came together to create an sigle app that incorporates each particaulr feature into one single app. And after all, theres no PC or MAC needed in this conversion.

- - Just use installer app, install what you want, then use this single app\utility to Show and hide apps, and to be able to move around the icons on the various screens in iSwap without the need of editing the .plists via PC or MAC.

** If thats not possible, then just hide these particualr apps from main screen and lauch with Dock, now if only we could select what is in or out of this app, that would make this an even better deal, get rid of apps that are on screens out of the Dock launcher...SWWEETT!

Just a thought! Seems that it just almost seems that everything is now done on the fly on the iPhone itself. But in an single app.
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 09-01-2007 at 09:23 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well, if all of theese apps all ready exsist wat would be da point of that.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N818 View Post
    well, if all of theese apps all ready exsist wat would be da point of that.
    That goes to show that someone doesnt read well.... I did say all in ONE app, rather than keep having to switch apps and then sliding to unlock so many times, Just launch one app and do all you need to do... similar to the installer app. This would be my point.

Thanks

I read what you wrote, im just contesting the fact of it not mattering that much, unless your really lazy, But i do agree it would be some what cool and convientient.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I read what you wrote, im just contesting the fact of it not mattering that much, unless your really lazy, But i do agree it would be some what cool and convientient.
    Im confused on contesting and agreeing on the same thing...is that possible? And as far as being lazy, you try doing all that I said with all of the apps you have installed, on 4 different screens, and you tell me if you become lazy or over worked!! But anyhow, each app has it differences on how it controls things on the iphone, I just think that if these developers were to come together, they could come up with something that could change how the iPhone is interacted with, and all in one app. Though we have many things that have done this, I just think that the ability to Install a new app, Have it shown only on the particular screen you want it on in iSwap, hidden on the others, and the displayorderlists. or screenx.plists are modified correctly, rather than an app become installed and not show up on these .plists, and to be able to do this all in one app would be pretty darn sweet.

Thanks

watever, i really dont care and i really dont want to fight..... so sry.

By that logic no one needed to create AppTap and Installer since the capability to Jailbreak your phone and ssh files over aready existed. Its all about convenience.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Default Funny you should mention this...
    I'm looking into this... I've had 'issues' getting the toolchain working correctly and had stopped trying but given the recent OS code that's come out recently I can see a number of mish-mashes and tweaks that I could incorporate into iSwap and so I'm going to have to get past these issues and start cranking some things out.

I was really impressed by the Dock program and use it in conjunction with iSwap quite regularly. XLaunch is a good program although the fact that it 'auto-adds' itself (while I understand why the decision was made) makes this somewhat annoying in my particular setup.

The new SummerBoard program is very interesting. I saw the video and was somewhat disappointed to find that its scroll function was not a screen at a time (something like web pages are scrolled through) but I think it's a major contribution in that it would seem to be a direct hack of the SpringBoard program. I haven't installed it (I'm pretty sure it would hose my setup) and I may be wrong in this assumption... but if that's the case it is a major breakthrough.

The reason I don't think that either Dock or SummerBoard will entirely replace iSwap for now (at least for me) is that I want a Screen with apps on it. Out of site out of mind sort of thing. I find my current (category-based) setup pretty usable. I don't like the reloading SpringBoard/relogin thing... and hacking up the SpringBoard app seems to be the only way THAT is going to change.

I've actually made a short video demoing some interoperability with iSwap and these programs (as well as some theme-screen-techniques I've added to my iSwap) but I haven't uploaded it yet.

Well, anyway... I guess that's enough blathering for one post. Just wanted to let you know that at least one of us (iSwap author) is looking at these suggestions with more than casual interest.

Take care,

-KennX (aka PrinceBrand)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princebrand View Post
    I'm looking into this... I've had 'issues' getting the toolchain working correctly and had stopped trying but given the recent OS code that's come out recently I can see a number of mish-mashes and tweaks that I could incorporate into iSwap and so I'm going to have to get past these issues and start cranking some things out.

I was really impressed by the Dock program and use it in conjunction with iSwap quite regularly. XLaunch is a good program although the fact that it 'auto-adds' itself (while I understand why the decision was made) makes this somewhat annoying in my particular setup.

The new SummerBoard program is very interesting. I saw the video and was somewhat disappointed to find that its scroll function was not a screen at a time (something like web pages are scrolled through) but I think it's a major contribution in that it would seem to be a direct hack of the SpringBoard program. I haven't installed it (I'm pretty sure it would hose my setup) and I may be wrong in this assumption... but if that's the case it is a major breakthrough.

The reason I don't think that either Dock or SummerBoard will entirely replace iSwap for now (at least for me) is that I want a Screen with apps on it. Out of site out of mind sort of thing. I find my current (category-based) setup pretty usable. I don't like the reloading SpringBoard/relogin thing... and hacking up the SpringBoard app seems to be the only way THAT is going to change.

I've actually made a short video demoing some interoperability with iSwap and these programs (as well as some theme-screen-techniques I've added to my iSwap) but I haven't uploaded it yet.

Well, anyway... I guess that's enough blathering for one post. Just wanted to let you know that at least one of us (iSwap author) is looking at these suggestions with more than casual interest.

Take care,

-KennX (aka PrinceBrand)
    Hell of a post and seems intresting, as it seems me and you are pretty much on the same boat... The SummerBoard app is pretty slick, and I use it now in conjuction with iSwap as well, I like the fact of having multiple pages... Games, Apps, URLS... but I was limited to how many apps I can put on each particualr screen, if I have 17 games or more then I was out of luck as far as that one screen though creating another screen would have been possible, but then that meant another icon for that 5th screen, and thats more space taken up, so the ability to scroll withing an particular screen and add as many apps just puts the icing on the cake for me. And then to have dock 2 as an secondary option to quickly access an app thats on another page gives an extra plus to this whole scenario. I love the work being done, and the many different apps out there, I just think it would be the greates thing ever if these devlopers came together and incorporated everything they know and have into one app would just blow the iPhone community away.

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Hell of a post and seems intresting, as it seems me and you are pretty much on the same boat... The SummerBoard app is pretty slick, and I use it now in conjuction with iSwap as well, I like the fact of having multiple pages... Games, Apps, URLS... but I was limited to how many apps I can put on each particualr screen, if I have 17 games or more then I was out of luck as far as that one screen though creating another screen would have been possible, but then that meant another icon for that 5th screen, and thats more space taken up, so the ability to scroll withing an particular screen and add as many apps just puts the icing on the cake for me. And then to have dock 2 as an secondary option to quickly access an app thats on another page gives an extra plus to this whole scenario. I love the work being done, and the many different apps out there, I just think it would be the greates thing ever if these devlopers came together and incorporated everything they know and have into one app would just blow the iPhone community away.
    Hmm... so you're using Summerboard with iSwap, eh? I'm doing some things with background/icon Themes (having a different background/icon set/theme for each of my screens) that I don't think it would like very well so I haven't been able to test it yet. Does it look at your wallpaper file as its background?

-KennX

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hmm... so you're using Summerboard with iSwap, eh? I'm doing some things with background/icon Themes (having a different background/icon set/theme for each of my screens) that I don't think it would like very well so I haven't been able to test it yet. Does it look at your wallpaper file as its background?

-KennX
    Thats something I been waiting for myself, different background per screen, that would be sexxy on the iPhone. And I believe it does look at the wallpaper file as background becasue what ever you select as wallpaper, then becomes background behind icons, but not dock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

-KennX
    you must be a linux user...i love and miss my multiple desktops when using os x
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Thats something I been waiting for myself, different background per screen, that would be sexxy on the iPhone. And I believe it does look at the wallpaper file as background becasue what ever you select as wallpaper, then becomes background behind icons, but not dock.
    Not yet available on YouTube (uploaded and currently processing) but here's the link for a video I've made showing just that (multiple themes):

EDIT: The link didn't seem to work correctly for me. I've changed it and now it appears to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRC58peX3z4

-KennX
    Last edited by princebrand; 09-04-2007 at 10:24 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not yet available on YouTube (uploaded and currently processing) but here's the link for a video I've made showing just that (multiple themes):

EDIT: The link didn't seem to work correctly for me. I've changed it and now it appears to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRC58peX3z4

-KennX
    Man, man, man, man.....man.... This is eactly what I am looking for.... pretty sweet, pretty dayum sweet. I swear, people are going to being to hate on the iPhone even more than they do now once the world really gets to know what it is capable of doing now.