+ Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Calculator app with %

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
the big thing missing with the native cal app of the iphone is there is no % button ??? i'm in real estate and cannot use this calculator ,would it
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Calculator app with %
    the big thing missing with the native cal app of the iphone is there is no % button ??? i'm in real estate and cannot use this calculator ,would it be possible for someone to do something?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Actually I was thinking how cool it would be if someone ported one of the Texas Instruments ti83 84 89 emulators.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    250
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 52 Times in 37 Posts

    Old school bro, 10% = .10
    20% = .20 and so on.

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mbpc2duser View Post
    Actually I was thinking how cool it would be if someone ported one of the Texas Instruments ti83 84 89 emulators.
    Or that one for WM that (imho) beats the crap outta the TI calculators....

    Can't remember what it's called atm

    edit: Spacetime. I'm sure such a thing wouldn't really be legal tho (or very nice to the Spacetime devs).
    Last edited by stumpy_C; 09-01-2007 at 12:22 AM.

  5. #5
    the kanye west of programming drunknbass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by prospects View Post
    the big thing missing with the native cal app of the iphone is there is no % button ??? i'm in real estate and cannot use this calculator ,would it be possible for someone to do something?

    Thank you
    you gotta be kidding.. did you call one of those 800 numbers in the newpaper or taped to a phone pole on the side of the road, cause if you cant figure out how to get % by using the X key you retarded..

    7 % tax on $10.00

    10.00 x 1.07 = go back to school buddy

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iphone, Iphone.
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    you gotta be kidding.. did you call one of those 800 numbers in the newpaper or taped to a phone pole on the side of the road, cause if you cant figure out how to get % by using the X key you retarded..

    7 % tax on $10.00

    10.00 x 1.07 = go back to school buddy
    uhhhh.... your wrong it wouldnt be 10.00 X 1.07 wouldnt be 7%
    .07 X10.00 would be 7%. looks you need to go back to school

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i was able to figure that out but in Quebec there is two taxes

    so 7% to add on the amount and then 6,5%+

    this is the scenario

    ex: $100000 x 7% = 7000 then add 7% get the total then add 6.5%

    try this with your present calculator.yes it's possible but i got this phone to simplify my life

  8. #8
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N818 View Post
    uhhhh.... your wrong it wouldnt be 10.00 X 1.07 wouldnt be 7%
    .07 X10.00 would be 7%. looks you need to go back to school
    haha just to keep this going, you should take a f'n finance class and maybe you will learn that if you multiply by .07 you get just the tax, multiply by 1.07 you get the original price plus the tax. Apparently it is you who is uneducated try not to be so cocky when you are wrong next time.

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by N818 View Post
    uhhhh.... your wrong it wouldnt be 10.00 X 1.07 wouldnt be 7%
    .07 X10.00 would be 7%. looks you need to go back to school
    no he's right, and it's actually a really really simple calculation if you've ever taken a math, finance, accounting, or programming class...it appears you haven't

    the 1 in 1.07 will give 1 x the original number you're taxing...then the tax is added...so ((10 x 1 = 10) + (10 x .07 = .7)) = 10.7...if you do 10 x .07, you only get the tax

  10. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hahahahaha see we need a % in the calculator app, it would be more simple

  11. #11
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by prospects View Post
    hahahahaha see we need a % in the calculator app, it would be more simple
    i wanted to be the first to reply that "simpler" would be more correct than "more simple"

  12. #12
    the kanye west of programming drunknbass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    392
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 51 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mbpc2duser View Post
    haha just to keep this going, you should take a f'n finance class and maybe you will learn that if you multiply by .07 you get just the tax, multiply by 1.07 you get the original price plus the tax. Apparently it is you who is uneducated try not to be so cocky when you are wrong next time.
    haha yea... its ok.. i guess the iphone should just come with a free pass to math A class (8th grade math)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts