+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia & Installer On Computer

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I don't know if this is just me, but has anyone ever imagined Cydia & Installer being able to be downloaded to your computer, and from there you can download
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Cydia & Installer On Computer
    I don't know if this is just me, but has anyone ever imagined Cydia & Installer being able to be downloaded to your computer, and from there you can download all the 3rd party applications/themes/sounds/wallpapers/etc and just sync it to your phone? Kind of like the appstore but just for 3rd party applications, that way you'll have all your 3rd party apps from Cydia & Installer saved on your computer and when you restore your iPhone or update to a new firmware you can just resync it all rather than having to go back to Cydia & Installer and downloading everything one by one. Just a thought, i thought it would be pretty cool because if you do restore your phone or update your firmware you have all your appstore apps ready to be synced very easily and having that option with all 3rd party applications would make our lives much easier.

Just imagine a Cydia & Installer application for computer...

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 613BulletProof For This Useful Post:

annettegordon (03-26-2011)

What's Jailbreak? Christopher3712's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a major undertaking. The idea sounds great, but you're talking about essentially re-writing the iTunes program or creating software to work in sync with iTunes for jailbroken phones. I suppose we see some of that now, but this is on a much larger scale. Email the Dev teams, see what they think.
    Unlocked & Jailbroken running T-Mobile.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3712 View Post
    Sounds like a major undertaking. The idea sounds great, but you're talking about essentially re-writing the iTunes program or creating software to work in sync with iTunes for jailbroken phones. I suppose we see some of that now, but this is on a much larger scale. Email the Dev teams, see what they think.
    I wasn't actually thinking of using it with iTunes or something, i was actually thinking of it being a whole other program, and from there you download what you want and sync it. I think the hard part would be getting another program to sync with the iPhone other than iTunes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3712 View Post
    naw man, iphone suite.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

would u mind sending me a link for the iPhone suite. I've never heard of it, but I'm interested.

Thanks

this sounds cool

Thanks

but I think it would be easier to just download and install straight on the iPhone , I mean, if you have to download it to the of and then sync to iPhone is a hassle. That's why programs like iSlsk and dtunes are loved because you can just download straight to iPhone without the need of a pc. The ease and comfort of a do it all device without the aide of a pc... While I see your idea as good, I don't think that devs would look into it as much. Even iphonevideorecorder had the convenience of uploading straight to YouTube (wishing cycorder did this cuz I love of better then ivr) but you get the point (I hope)

oh forgot to mention, there is an app that let's you backup your installed cydia apps for when restoring I think
    Last edited by z3r01; 09-18-2008 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    but I think it would be easier to just download and install straight on the iPhone , I mean, if you have to download it to the of and then sync to iPhone is a hassle. That's why programs like iSlsk and dtunes are loved because you can just download straight to iPhone without the need of a pc. The ease and comfort of a do it all device without the aide of a pc... While I see your idea as good, I don't think that devs would look into it as much. Even iphonevideorecorder had the convenience of uploading straight to YouTube (wishing cycorder did this cuz I love of better then ivr) but you get the point (I hope)

oh forgot to mention, there is an app that let's you backup your installed cydia apps for when restoring I think
    You have a point but some of us dont even have wifi around and downloads take sort of long sometimes depending on what you want, and everyone knows theres still a couple of bugs out there on Cydia & Installer, so having it on computer could make it so much easier for some people of course. And if a program like this was made for computer im pretty sure you'd be able to download more than one app at a time and a lot faster of course ( im talking like under 10 seconds )

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there any software which helps me to download cydia apps to my pc and then transfer those to my iphone??