Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why doest Customize work???

Default Why doest Customize work???
    i have iphone jailbreak 1.1.3 on my iphone, everything works great except for the customize app, im able to see all the battery images and stuff but after i click change to this image it does nothing?

any help on this?????????

Banned
    Thanks

customize used to be good around 1.0.2....but then got bad at 1.1.1 and so on

Customize doesn't work because of permission errors. Basically all the image files that customize changes are owned by root. Now with 1.1.3, customize runs as mobile, so it can't overwrite the image files.

If you really want it, you can do what I do.
    1. Use putty to SSH into your phone (as root)
    2. Type in: /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    3. You'll see a lot of weird stuff on your computer, but customize will be running on the iPhone under root.
    4. When you're done, close putty and restart
    Thanks,
    Matt

hey agentfubu, can you elaborate on how to do this a little more? I'm on a mac and though I have access to a PC with Putty is there a way i can do this while SSHing into my phone with Fugu/Cyberduck or any other ssh program for mac? Or can I do it in a command prompt by SSHing into it that way and running the command for customize that way? Thanks for the help!
    i LOVE apple.

Yeah, any SSH program should work. You'll see the whole output of customize, it looks pretty cool when you start it
    Thanks,
    Matt

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agentfubu View Post
    Customize doesn't work because of permission errors. Basically all the image files that customize changes are owned by root. Now with 1.1.3, customize runs as mobile, so it can't overwrite the image files.

If you really want it, you can do what I do.
    1. Use putty to SSH into your phone (as root)
    2. Type in: /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    3. You'll see a lot of weird stuff on your computer, but customize will be running on the iPhone under root.
    4. When you're done, close putty and restart
    After installing customize it worked pretty well for me but now I cant see my edge icon (though it works) I tried fixing it using the steps shown here but its still missing. Any suggestions?

Install the regular customize from STE Packaging. Then reboot. Go back into Installer, uninstall that version of Customize. Add this source: http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml and install that version of Customize. Reboot, and you should have a working Customize...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

gutridge (02-28-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

where is the option to change the dialer pad (not keypad)? I used to be able to see that option. Everything else works though.

I have installed Customize also on my JB 1.1.4. It does not work also. But, mine is installed part of PolarBearFarm. If you go to the Uninstall then down to more info. You will see as of Feb 28h. Work on Customize has been halted until the SDK is released. So SpicyChicken can develop it properly.

Chris

just add this source here: www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml

This has the 1.1.3 Customize fix

Everything works except for rearanging the icons but you can change anything you like...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Customize "fixes"
    These "fixes" contain a command to abort their installation if the phone is not running 1.1.3. Since Apple retained the filesystem changes from 1.1.3 in 1.1.4, the same fixes are needed there but they refuse to install!

I went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 and I find that several updates I need now won't install because I'm not running 1.1.3.

Would someone now please FIX the "fixes"?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    These "fixes" contain a command to abort their installation if the phone is not running 1.1.3. Since Apple retained the filesystem changes from 1.1.3 in 1.1.4, the same fixes are needed there but they refuse to install!

I went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 and I find that several updates I need now won't install because I'm not running 1.1.3.

Would someone now please FIX the "fixes"?

Thanks!

Using WinSCP or CyberDuck, go to /System/Library/CoreServices. Edit the SystemVersion.plist, change the 1.1.4 to 1.1.3, then save and overwrite the original. Reboot, and everything will work. The only "side effect" is that in Settings>General>About, it will say you are running 1.1.3, same thing in iTunes, but you can easily change it back.