+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Backup all apps?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I know there's you tube videos but i'd rather to get a guide from here, does anyone tell me how to back up all my apps?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Backup all apps?
    I know there's you tube videos but i'd rather to get a guide from here, does anyone tell me how to back up all my apps?

oo3
    Thanks

Download AppBackup from Cydia. That will save all of your app settings. Make sure you go to /var/mobile/Library/AppBackup and drag that folder to your desktop and save it. So when you have to do a restore, you simply download AppBackup again and put the folder back in and restore your app settings.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oo3 For This Useful Post:

t-baum (09-15-2008), zevlag78 (09-15-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you so much, this helps alot

Kind of a problem though, only does all the appstore apps, anything that does the 3rd party apps you get from say, cydia?
    Last edited by t-baum; 09-15-2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just downloaded and tested an app last night by bigboss called "aptbackup" which backs up all your cydia apps. You just reinstall it after a firmware upgrade, open and hit restore, it does the work for you.

It stores its backup files somewhere within your phone that makes it unaffected by restore.

It worked for me exactly as it says and I definitely will be using it every time I upgrade from now on.

Thanks

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is exactly what i have been looking for since the first time i had to restore my jailborken phone. thank god there are people like BigBoss with amazing knowledge on this kind of stuff! Thanks BB

Edit: Oops, got too excited... thought it actually backed up the apps and settings... Still very Cool. To many times i have restored and went to reinstall my apps and forgot what half of them were.
    Last edited by mrblader; 09-16-2008 at 01:26 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boringdays View Post
    I just downloaded and tested an app last night by bigboss called "aptbackup" which backs up all your cydia apps. You just reinstall it after a firmware upgrade, open and hit restore, it does the work for you.

It stores its backup files somewhere within your phone that makes it unaffected by restore.

It worked for me exactly as it says and I definitely will be using it every time I upgrade from now on.
    I have just tried to use aptbackup when I upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.1 but it does not seem to work.
    I clicked Backup before I upgraded.
    After successfully upgraded to 2.1, I install aptbackup and SSH.
    Then I click Restore in aptbackup.
    It ran for like 7 mins. Then it auto restarted.
    Then nothing is installed at all!
    I ended up installing everything again manually.

Do you know where the aptbackup puts the backup file? I would like to manually remove it to clean my iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

From Sleepers:
    AptBackup.
    Backup and restore your apps from Cydia. The way this works is it makes a list of your installed apps and puts that list in a location that is under iTunes backup. When you sync with iTunes, that list is stored. After you restore your iPhone in iTunes, you install aptbackup from Cydia, run it, and hit restore, and it will automatically reinstall all your apps in your list. You can also set up one iPhone and use this as a template for setting up others with one click.

What this will not do:
    1) Actually backup your apps or their settings
    2) Backup your springboard file placement
    3) You cannot restore a backup "whenever". It is only for restoring a backup after a fresh iTunes installation.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This didn't work for me either...27 minutes into the spinning wheel that tells me it is restoring the apps I gave up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any alternative ways??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, is it possible to make a backup of both my existing iPhone apps and my cydia apps. If I restore from iCloud, will this delete the JB?

Thanks

Backing up via the iCloud will only back up the non Cydia apps and app data on your iPhone. You can try backing up apps with this free beta utility but I'm not sure whether it'd work to back up cydia apps too.
    Last edited by Wyman; 06-23-2014 at 04:11 AM.