Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'd pay to have a To do list application

Default I'd pay to have a To do list application
    I'd pay someone to make a To do application for the iPhone. It's one of the things I use most on my Palm OS Treo, and really wish my iPhone had an application very similar to the one that is on my Palm OS Treo.

oh and i'd contribute as well!

I know I could use notes, but i want one that i can check off, and no web apps... those dont always save your info.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkers View Post
    oh and i'd contribute as well!

I know I could use notes, but i want one that i can check off, and no web apps... those dont always save your info.
    Exactly. I would definitely pay for a to do list application that looked and acted like the Palm OS to do list. I tried using Ta-da, but want a real app. If someone would create a to-do list that looks and acts like the Palm OS Task/ To Do List I would definitely buy it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

me too

Consider me a paying customer as well. I also know a friend that would gladly contribute.

I am up to pay for this also.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

well that sounds like $160 bucks...

now hopefully this app is useful enough to completely replace the current notes app

here comes the mini x-prize for iphone software, yay!

I'm really hoping someone will make this for us, there's definitely a market for this application.
    Last edited by jimmie geddes; 08-28-2007 at 10:44 PM.

What's the minimum you're willing to settle for functionality-wise?

I've got a personal charity I like to support and you guys seem like a willing source of donations for Guatemalan medical supplies...

Functionality wise I'd like it to be as close to the Palm OS To Do List app. It allows for different categories, and when you check something off it disappears from the list (that's a preference in the Palm app). I'd be willing to pay $20 - $30 for an app that did this. That's very kind that you'd make it for Guatamalan medical supplies.

I'd also promote it on both of my sites as well so you'd get compensated by people who would want to buy this app as well. It's the thing I miss most, even thought I use both and iPhone and a Sprint Treo 755p I've got a smartphone problem

As you can see from this thread alone people are very interested in this app. I'd like to support a 3rd party and a charity instead of waiting for Apple to add this funcionality.
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

I'd throw $10 at it, but only if the code were open.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sounds like its something similar to a Native version of "OneTrip" with some modifications. I'd pay also. This is similar to what we're talking about in the "Will App for Food" thread. Getting the coders to take on our app jobs..

I would also donate gladly for something like this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You mean, a built in app as opposed to a web app that supported the same features, right?

Quote Originally Posted by mineare View Post
    You mean, a built in app as opposed to a web app that supported the same features, right?
    a non-web app that closely resembles the Palm OS To Do List application, ie. same features (categories, etc.).
    Last edited by jimmie geddes; 09-05-2007 at 10:08 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

I'm sure the talented hackers that visit this site could make this happen
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

Same here, I would contribute. In addition, it would be nice to backup the To Do list somehow prior to Apple update.

Apple might release this functionality when Leopard gets released. Steve demo'ed tasks in Leopard.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/features/mail.html

Much ado about to-dos.

Forget manually entering a new item to your to-do list every time an email hits your inbox. Mail Tasks Simply highlight text in an email, then click the To-do icon to create a to-do from a message. Include a due date, set an alarm, or assign priorities. Every to-do you create includes a link to the original email or note, and to-dos automatically appear in iCal, complete with any edits or additions you make. And since to-dos are stored with your email, you can access them from Mail on any Mac."
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

I'd like to see this too. However, i'd hate to get attached to a to do list only to have Apple come out with a killer one that syncs with Mail.

I would settle for one like the built in Palm app, but I used the more functional HandyShopper. I know it doesn't sound like a to do list, but it had several different types of to dos and was a great app.

I've used HandyShopper as well on my Treo. I also really like ListPro as well. I need a to do list asap
    Jimmie Geddes, Editor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast