+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poking around in SpringBoard

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
iLauncher is cool, but who wants to go into a 2ndary program to launch yet another program Launcher would be better if it arranged icons in a grid like spring
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Poking around in SpringBoard
    iLauncher is cool, but who wants to go into a 2ndary program to launch yet another program

Launcher would be better if it arranged icons in a grid like spring board does

so, I tried something

I backup'd the springboard executable, copied and renamed both iLauncher and Launcher (one at a time of course) and rebooted the phone

Phone booted, loaded the program i replaced spring board with, but thats all

no buttons worked, screen didnt respond to touches, no sound, nothing

(this is all assuming no one has done this stuff before, if this is old news, please disregard)

Springboard controls a whole hell of alot more than just launching programs (which i think we all knew) but if what i saw, it also controls the basic input of the entire phone, including buttons, touches, etc...

Maybe its a starting point for someone to work on a springboard replacement ?

The biggest problem with springboard - IMO - is it cant scroll. i think the grid of 16 icons should scroll vertically, and the bottom bar of 4 should scroll horizontally

as we see in the mail app and others, you can scroll with a touch and drag and click with just a tap. same could / should be applied to springboard.

clearly, apple had no intentions of 3rd party apps, which is why springboard doesnt scroll

anyways, just a thought - something i learned / found - if it is old news, disregard...

-Mario
    irc: mememe

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

Good info, hadn't seen it done before. Not sure how useful at the moment, but good info either way.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews