+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASED] KeyVib

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I've got fix for no-vibrate in silent mode. Get it here: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting Read readme before replacing files!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've got fix for no-vibrate in silent mode. Get it here:
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Read readme before replacing files!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Piotr.pot For This Useful Post:

ean101 (09-08-2008), oo3 (09-09-2008), ProjectGSX (09-08-2008), trilogy069 (09-09-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Piotr.pot View Post

Thanks, that worked great. I used #2, so I have just vibrate whether silent is on or off. Perfect. Would be nice if this was changeable inside of the app, though.

oo3
    Thanks

In the readme it says:

1 - silent - only vibrate
    no silent - vibrate + sound

When I do this I lose vibrate completely (both silent/not silent). Any ideas? My goal is to also have the keys vibrate when the phone is on silent.

When I use the original plist from keyvib it works correctly when not on silent.

Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    In the readme it says:

1 - silent - only vibrate
    no silent - vibrate + sound

When I do this I lose vibrate completely (both silent/not silent). Any ideas? My goal is to also have the keys vibrate when the phone is on silent.

When I use the original plist from keyvib it works correctly when not on silent.

Thanks.
    I'll fix it tommorow. Sorry!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Piotr.pot For This Useful Post:

oo3 (09-08-2008)

oo3
    Thanks

update?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

anyupdate yet bro.?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    so i used this last night, and it works for the text keyboard when im on silent, however it wont work for the phone keypad only on silent.

the other thing is, i messed with the prog settings and adjusted my vibration strength so it wasnt quite so strong, however when I did this it messed up the vibration length for when I get a text on silent and normal. any ideas on how/if i can separate the two vibration lengths? not that big of a deal but still.

PS - if anyone wants to do the same, you just edit the systemsoundsvibrationpattern file. just adjust the intensity or the legth field of "default" for phone pad or "key pressed" for text keyboard/text received vibration length. i guess if anyone really wants it I can just post my file from my phone. lemme know

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ean101 For This Useful Post:

oo3 (09-09-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i tried all of them and none worked for me.?

oo3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ean101 View Post
    so i used this last night, and it works for the text keyboard when im on silent, however it wont work for the phone keypad only on silent.

the other thing is, i messed with the prog settings and adjusted my vibration strength so it wasnt quite so strong, however when I did this it messed up the vibration length for when I get a text on silent and normal. any ideas on how/if i can separate the two vibration lengths? not that big of a deal but still.

PS - if anyone wants to do the same, you just edit the systemsoundsvibrationpattern file. just adjust the intensity or the legth field of "default" for phone pad or "key pressed" for text keyboard/text received vibration length. i guess if anyone really wants it I can just post my file from my phone. lemme know

Which one did you use in order to get it they keyboard to vibrate when on silent?

*EDIT*

Nevermind. I tried the first one again and it works great now. Keyboard works great but as you said the keypad doesn't vibrate when on silent.
    Last edited by oo3; 09-09-2008 at 11:30 PM.

oo3
    Thanks

I'll fix it tommorow. Sorry!
    It's cool man looks like I fixed the vibrate on silent. I also fixed it so it vibrates when the keypad is pressed when dialing a number or your PIN.

Upload to /Applications/KeyVib.app/vib

I had to reboot my phone twice to get it to work. If you want my exact process I overwrote the .plist file, activated KeyVib, rebooted, activated KeyVib again, then reboot again.

Thanks Piotr.pot for the original file as it helped me understand where to put the other strings.

Unzip the file, do not rename. You should know the disclaimer: Try at your own risk!
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oo3 For This Useful Post:

ean101 (09-10-2008), lonjevity (12-23-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question How did you guys get keyvib on 1.1.4???
    Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    In 1.1.4 it worked without having keyboard clicks on, but with 2.0 and up you need to have the sound on. That's why I made my silent keyboad click sound and now I have vibrating and no keyboard click sound :-)
    How did you guys get keyvib on 1.1.4???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's cool man looks like I fixed the vibrate on silent. I also fixed it so it vibrates when the keypad is pressed when dialing a number or your PIN.

I had to reboot my phone twice to get it to work. If you want my exact process I overwrote the .plist file, activated KeyVib, rebooted, activated KeyVib again, then reboot again.

Thanks Piotr.pot for the original file as it helped me understand where to put the other strings.

Unzip the file, do not rename. You should know the disclaimer: Try at your own risk!

Hey thanks for the fix! I gave this a whirl using your directions. Unfortunately it had no impact on the function of the app at all. The vibrate does not work when the phone is in silent mode. Permissions are all set correctly. Any solution to this at all?

Thanks in advance

oo3
    Thanks

The only thing I can think of is make sure your keyboard clicks are on. That was the only time I saw that the vibrate was not working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The only thing I can think of is make sure your keyboard clicks are on. That was the only time I saw that the vibrate was not working.
    Thanks again. Apparently I didn't read your description thoroughly enough. I had to turn the app off, restart, and then back on, followed by a final restart. It works flawlessly and I couldn't be happier with the functionality.

Thanks again!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi, I am trying this edit and the keypad vibrates twice when you click a number, is this normal?

Also, is there a way to change the intensity when you press a key on the keyboard, it vibrates too much? I was using the russian keyboard edit and the feedback was perfect on that one, I will go back to that one until I can find how to edit the intensity on this...

Thanks

Guys I will package mine into a winterboard setting to make it easier to install/un-install. So you wont have to edit the system files. Its the one that has no sound when on silent. Works quite well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dalethefarmer View Post
    Hi, I am trying this edit and the keypad vibrates twice when you click a number, is this normal?

Also, is there a way to change the intensity when you press a key on the keyboard, it vibrates too much? I was using the russian keyboard edit and the feedback was perfect on that one, I will go back to that one until I can find how to edit the intensity on this...

edit the systemsoundvibrationpattern. look at my post on page two for a better explaination. only thing that sucks is that by messing with the vibration length you are also messing with the vibration length when you get a text message on silent. ill post mine, make sure you backup the old one in case you dont like it. you have to replace both files in the "vib" and "novib" folders

oh, and this will vib and click on normal mode, and vib on silent. someone smarter than me needs to fig out a way to preserve the notification length of the text messaging vibrate while being able to edit the keyclick length. over my head.

enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ean101; 09-22-2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: systemsoundvibpattern added

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you post your systemsoundvibrationpattern.plist that you've tweaked? All those numbers make my head fuzzy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,

I just uninstall Keyvib and I loose the vibration for text when my iPhone is locked...

Someone can help me ?

Ps: I'm french, sorry if my english is not perfect.

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have a 2G phone and you want your keyboard to vibrate (silent and non-silent) there is a new app by BigBoss called Vibrus which has a full GUI to increase/decrease intensity of the vibration and how long it vibrates per click. Check it out in cydia.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th