+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MapThis! / Maps offline

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Post MapThis! / Maps offline
    Hi Folks

I think a lot of you people know the app "maps offline" (Neue Internetpräsenz.). This app is new also available on iPhone 2.0.x.
    But before you can use maps offline you need to download your favourite map and convert it to a .sqlitedb File. For this you need the app GMDL (GoogleMapDownloadTool). Unfortunately Google changed map.google.com so GMDL is useless. An error message is prompting every time I try to download a map.

Does someone know a workaround or another app you can download Google Maps and convert it to Sqlitedb-File?

Or did someone download the country Switzerland and can hand out me the .sqlitedb?

Thanks for any useful answer.

Cheers,
    blacktR

Green Apple
    Thanks

THe one on 2.x is Offline maps. Which is not the same as Mapsoffline.. it was already stated by the creater.. hes doing his best to port the app..
    just wait till in7ane update GMDL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was playing with my iPhone 3G after I upgrade to SO 3.0 with a map. I used on old version OfflineMaps but this wont work with SO 3.0
    After installing Chronus ( replacement of TimeCapsule) from Cydia/Installer to my iPhone and I back up maps cache I saw the location of the city with out of the Internet connection or data plan. This will let you back up the correct map you browsing on iPhone and you can use later offline . I replaced the MapTiles.sqlitedb file with the file I used for OfflineMaps with iPhoneBrowser. It's big file and cover all Ontario and East/North USA.
    I went for ride on motorcycle and try the map on more places around the city and out of the city and work perfect. I can see all Ontario and half US and location was always perfect. It's very easy and works for me.

Link to Chronus(TimeCapsule)
    TimeCapsule : databinge

I had problem to instal with Cytia/Installer but was no problems with Icy.
    Let me know if this works for you. John.

The BackUup file for Maps cache is located in
    var/mobile/Preferences/MapsCache and there is your forlder named with the date and time you BackUp MapsCase. Just replace the MapTiles.sqlitedb file with your file you crate for OfflineMaps. Good luck.
    Last edited by jbenka; 06-29-2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost