Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screenshot on 1.1.3?

Default Screenshot on 1.1.3?
    I've seen people taking screenshots on their 1.1.3s, but I know the screenshot app doesn't work. How could I do this?
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

I am using the screenshot 1.2.1 app on my otb 1.1.3 unlocked with ziphone 2.0 and it works. Did you check the permissions of the app?
    Last edited by iBlade; 02-18-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

i would not suggest you to install that application. It messed up my iphone and had to ssh and change some folder names and uninstall it. you can see snap / view question in forum about steps, so i would wait till they fix that crap application.

A real solution would be using Erica Sadun's Snap2Album, but I dont know where to install it or how to execute it...

screenshot onlyyy works on ZiPhone jailbreak.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbrooksr View Post
    screenshot onlyyy works on ZiPhone jailbreak.
    you are very wrong sir
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

So I installed 1.21 screenshot and set permissions to read/write/execute on all fields...I still don't get the floating buttons in the corner.

any other suggestions?
    Running:
    iPhone 4 4.0 Jailbreakme
    iPad Wifi 3.2 jailbreakme
    AT&T

Go here and lookup screenshot on the page...

http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/...issues-in-113/

It worked for me, but it takes a while to get the buttons to draw, much longer then before, not sure why, but it works. Actually this site has a LOT of helpful tips to get apps going in 1.1.3

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ummm, did anyone read the More info on 1.21 before installing it on 1.1.3?
    * Do not install on 1.1.3 * Not Compatible with 1.1.3 *

However, I installed the 1.3.0 of ScreenShot & it works like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by y0haan View Post
    Ummm, did anyone read the More info on 1.21 before installing it on 1.1.3?
    * Do not install on 1.1.3 * Not Compatible with 1.1.3 *

However, I installed the 1.3.0 of ScreenShot & it works like a champ.
    i too installed 1.3.0, however i can't get it to work. I turned it on but the buttons don't show.

Question screenshot 1.3.0
    I too am using screenshot 1.3.0. Seems to work fine on my ziphoned 16GB 1.1.3 OTB iPhone. Only problems I have with it are the screen caps that save in the /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE folder do not save as "IMG_xxx.JPG" files. The thumbs image is not created either. Oddly the only way I can get it to save the image properly is to edit the save location as "root" instead of "mobile" and then move that 100APPLE folder (via Mobile Finder) to the mobile/Media/DCIM directory. I can then see the images in Camera Roll. Of course because of permission issues I can't delete or do anything else. Kind of a hassle lol. Is there a way around that? I use Terminal so do I have to change permissions from there?

Also screenshot 1.3.0 automatically executes each time I reboot my phone even though I turn the app OFF when I'm not using it. Very annoying! And screenshot 1.2.1 works for me just fine lol but I like version 1.3.0 better. But 1.2.1 doesn't auto execute after I reboot my phone unlike 1.3.0. Any advice anyone? I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kiddoko; 02-28-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typos and probable mosunderstading (typing from my iPhone)