Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia help "Downloading Packages..."

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cydia help "Downloading Packages..."
    The last couple of days while this process is running I end up with the following error message: "Error: POSIX: Operation timed out". Any idea that this means?
    Thanks

bump.....me too!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmarocco View Post
    The last couple of days while this process is running I end up with the following error message: "Error: POSIX: Operation timed out". Any idea that this means?
    Thanks
    Have you added any new sources to Cydia? One (or maybe more) of your sources is not responding, so then Cydia times out, and you get that error message. I guessed which source it was (one I had recently added --> weho.ru.list) and deleted it from the list of sources. After that Cydia updated just fine. So, ssh into your iPhone and remove the offending source.
    Here is the path to the sources -->
    />private>etc>apt>sources.list.d

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bruseth For This Useful Post:

808mp5 (08-23-2008)

i figured it had something to do with one of the servers for a specific source... guess cydia need to be updated to check a sources server to see if it is actually up instead of getting stuck trying to connect... sure there is a time out period but maybe that period can be a little shorter... or even a ping event to see if there is a reply...

and yes... you are correct on that source... i removed it and all is well... also thanked you in the other thread...
    though i simply removed from the "More Sources" on the cydia home page... no need to ssh
    "Search" is your friend

Glad it worked out for you. Take care.

I was having that problem as well...

Thanks

i just jbed it and it still says posix.....all my source are package installed

found fix remove ispazio source
    Last edited by denniswang44; 08-21-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i just jailbroke my ipod touch 2nd gen 4.2.1 with green poison and when i fist open cydia it gives me the error... i havent even added any sources yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad1996 View Post
    i just jailbroke my ipod touch 2nd gen 4.2.1 with green poison and when i fist open cydia it gives me the error... i havent even added any sources yet!
    same here, i've just jailbreaked mi iPod and I'm getting that error, and when I added a new repo, appears a message saying that Modmyi repo is unreacheable, is it really down? or is it a particular case??
    Last edited by hijacked; 02-06-2011 at 09:37 PM.