+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swap Tunes and Swap Photo

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Could someone please post a Swap Tunes/Swap Photo/Swap Library app for 1.1.3. PLEASE!!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Swap Tunes and Swap Photo
    Could someone please post a Swap Tunes/Swap Photo/Swap Library app for 1.1.3. PLEASE!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

you've probably seen the post but here is the download for swaplibrary. Its really all you need. It can be installed using idemocracy or winscp...both are free and very easy to understand.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24204

post #11

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24204

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got it, had to mess with it to work, but works perfect now. I think I stumbled on to a fix for this app.

Thanks so much for the links.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steamer702 For This Useful Post:

Hung0v3r (02-09-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steamer702 View Post
    Got it, had to mess with it to work, but works perfect now. I think I stumbled on to a fix for this app.

Thanks so much for the links.
    Do you mind filling us in on the fix?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hung0v3r View Post
    Do you mind filling us in on the fix?
    Yeah, when I first installed the app I had a problem with it. The photo and iTunes libs weren't changing, so I thought it was permissions, but I had set them. So then I did two things, the first is probably what did it (I have been hacking scince day 1 and I was an idiot not to do this). I installed Erica's Utilities which is necessary for alot of the utility apps, but I also changed the group and owner to mobile instead of root (this was in WinCP), which seemed to make it work. I did the group and owner change before installing Erica's Utils, so not sure which one did it. I'm going to mess around with a couple of other apps to see what makes the var/Media and var/mobile to flow smoother. I can't see why just changing the lines in the plist to accomodate won't work.

SIDENOTE: Two things:

1. Does anyone know of a yahoo messenger app
    2. Does anyone know of an xbox live app that can send messages?

I lied

3. An app that can make the iphone into a media center (for like an xbox 360)

Yeah, when I first installed the app I had a problem with it. The photo and iTunes libs weren't changing, so I thought it was permissions, but I had set them. So then I did two things, the first is probably what did it (I have been hacking scince day 1 and I was an idiot not to do this). I installed Erica's Utilities which is necessary for alot of the utility apps, but I also changed the group and owner to mobile instead of root (this was in WinCP), which seemed to make it work. I did the group and owner change before installing Erica's Utils, so not sure which one did it. I'm going to mess around with a couple of other apps to see what makes the var/Media and var/mobile to flow smoother. I can't see why just changing the lines in the plist to accomodate won't work.

I lied

I lied

Last edited by steamer702; 02-09-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steamer702 For This Useful Post:

draudio5 (07-09-2008), Hung0v3r (02-09-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation swapTunes 1.1.3
    hi I have downloaded the swaptunes for 1.1.3, installed it in in the folder Applications and in the folder var/mobile with cuteftp (winscp is the same), the permissions are at 775 and in the inside of the swapTunes folder the permissons are 644, now when I launch swaptunes on my ipodtouch, it crashes after showing the "switching library" screen, how can I fix this? I also installed Erica's utilities but have to admit that I don't really know what theses "utillities" may be good for.....
    could please anyone help??

Oh my god, I deleted manually swapLibrary with cuteftp, and now it seems like I have my own library twice on my ipod, how can I fix this!?????????
    please please helpp!!!!!!
    Last edited by ilovetoentertainyou; 03-05-2008 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Put the Feburary version of Swap Library in your Applications folder on the phone by FTP or afpD. Then go to the terminal and :

You should be able to: Just drop it into your 'applications' folder, then open term-vt100 and set the permissions to 755 by entering these commands EXACTLY:

chmod -R 755 /Applications/*

Yes, the last is an asterisk.

(You may have to fix your terminal first with Tweeks(1.1.3) by installing "SUID Lib Fix" to get the login root/alpine working there.)

This works on 1.1.4 with the 2/20/2008 SwapLibrary.app that is here in the forum.

-PG

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Although it was necessary to do what is described below, if you just want Swaptunes on 1.1.4, just install the version of the file posted in this thread above (no need to modify permissions, or anything else). (That did not work for me the first time, but worked fine after 'restore' and different order of installed native apps. -PG

Quote Originally Posted by patgod67 View Post
    Put the Feburary version of Swap Library in your Applications folder on the phone by FTP or afpD. Then go to the terminal and :

You should be able to: Just drop it into your 'applications' folder, then open term-vt100 and set the permissions to 755 by entering these commands EXACTLY:

chmod -R 755 /Applications/*

Yes, the last is an asterisk.

(You may have to fix your terminal first with Tweeks(1.1.3) by installing "SUID Lib Fix" to get the login root/alpine working there.)

This works on 1.1.4 with the 2/20/2008 SwapLibrary.app that is here in the forum.

-PG

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

I found a working version of SwapTunes in this repo:
    http://losprog.com/repo.xml

It's under utilities. It's called SwapTunes. The version is 0.03. The contact is Sproglet.
    After installation there's an Update but that update is useless for 1.1.3 so don't update.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to elsgk2 For This Useful Post:

ArryRoberts (03-22-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot for the info....It works GREAT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi everyone i a newbie to the iphone and see some great apps like this one but how do i get them on my phone i need a step by step instructions as i am very thick and just learning any help would be great thanxs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi, i recently used swap photo on my library... i now have two photo libraries. only problem is.... i can only import the new library that swap photo created into my computer... basically my old library is completely lost... what can i do to retrieve the old photos ont he original library because its about time for me to do some firmware changes and i definitely want to salvage my old photos... any help would be greatly appreciated..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by elsgk2 View Post
    I found a working version of SwapTunes in this repo:
    http://losprog.com/repo.xml

It's under utilities. It's called SwapTunes. The version is 0.03. The contact is Sproglet.
    After installation there's an Update but that update is useless for 1.1.3 so don't update.
    Thank u very much, i tried the 0.3 version, and wow it's working on my 1.1.4 iphone

Have been lokin for an update for ages But got this little isiu, my installer promit me with an update 0.2 after installing 0.3 ???
    HAv'nt installed couse i know it will mess it up, but how can remove the installer update notifaction for this program other then deleting the source ??

Thanx agin

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

I recently Pwned my phone and now I'm running 1.1.4
    The 0.03 version by Sproglet still works with 1.1.4

One thing that is annoying is that the update (which reverts you back to Version 0.02) will always show up. It's annoying but I can live with it.
    *T*Mo**

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks to all who posted here on this topic. I love this app and I can't live without it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

It's been in my sig for 5 months.........
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Used swap tunes and now itunes will not recognize my iphone
    I used swap tunes and I could not figure it out so I uninstalled it and now itunes will not recognize my iphone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.