+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: book.app on 1.1.3 where do ebooks go?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I recently installed the books.app on a jailbroken devteam 1.1.3. The ebooks arent loading when i wish to view them. Ive tried doing a search on my iPhone and haven't
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default book.app on 1.1.3 where do ebooks go?
    I recently installed the books.app on a jailbroken devteam 1.1.3. The ebooks arent loading when i wish to view them. Ive tried doing a search on my iPhone and haven't found anything. Where do I place the ebook if I wish to manually install?

Thanks

Ok so I change the permission of the var/root/media folder and at least the books show up in book.app, but now I get error "Could not determine text encoding" . Could this be because I moved my fonts? Anyone have a clue whats going on or am I just gonna have to wait on an official 1.1.3 version?
    Last edited by ripped53; 02-03-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks

Ok so I change the permission of the var/root/media folder and at least the books show up in book.app, but now I get error "Could not determine text encoding" . Could this be because I moved my fonts? Anyone have a clue whats going on or am I just gonna have to wait on an official 1.1.3 version?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    1.The way to get your books.app to work is ssh into your iPhone/iPod and create a folder in var/root and name it Media. Change permissions to 755.
    2.Then create a folder in media and call it EBooks. Change the permissions to 755.
    3.Now go to var/mobile/Media/EBooks and move the books over to var/root/Media/EBooks
    4.Make sure you change the permissions for the book folder to 755 and everything inside it by selecting all and changing those to 755 as well.

Now you have books.app working
    Last edited by infectedco; 02-07-2008 at 02:19 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infectedco For This Useful Post:

ripped53 (02-07-2008), screamo (03-04-2008)

Thanks

thanks for replying, I'm sure to most that was a dumb question....worked like a charm

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default book.app on 1.1.3 where do ebooks go?
    My EBook Folder already appeared in var/root/Media. I didn't have to move it from var/mobile/Media. When I changed the permissions on the var/root/Media/EBook folder to 755, the title appeared when I launch book.app, but that's it. When I touch a title, it shows a blank screen. I've have un- and reinstalled everything, and rebooted the phone. Nothing. Any advice. This is that only app left on my phone that doesn't work on 1.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am with the same problem. My files are at var/root/Media/EBook, the title appears at Ebook App, but inside the title its all white

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is this for ebooks by chris? because I can not get any of his to show....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by infectedco View Post
    1.The way to get your books.app to work is ssh into your iPhone/iPod and create a folder in var/root and name it Media. Change permissions to 755.
    2.Then create a folder in media and call it EBooks. Change the permissions to 755.
    3.Now go to var/mobile/Media/EBooks and move the books over to var/root/Media/EBooks
    4.Make sure you change the permissions for the book folder to 755 and everything inside it by selecting all and changing those to 755 as well.

Now you have books.app working
    i did this and they work perfectly for me on 1.1.3
    the media and ebooks folders were already created for me

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks infectedco, you helped me out. I was having this problem as well. Turns out my already existing media folder was set to 0777 permissions rather than 0755. That did the trick for me.