Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [REQUEST] Birthday reminder app

Default [REQUEST] Birthday reminder app
    i have added the birthday field to my contacts but when u press it..it does nothing..i would have thought that it would have synced with the calendar app and give a reminder on the date..but i guess i was wrong

so can someone create an app that does this? allow me to get birthday reminders for my contacts? thx in advance

Thanks

*bump* i think this is a great idea, i and have been wanting an app like this, just reads the birthday fields from the contacts sql database, and then sets a reminder at a time set by the user (eg 2pm on the day of the birthday) i used to use a program like this for my symbian os nokia phone its called best birthday (Link)

I saw a thread about an italian program but read about bugs and translation didnt feel like it was worth it, i think an english one would be great!
    http:/www.kushari.org

Even im lookin for that app i have it on my N95 8 GB its nice to have one of those Bday/annvrsry Reminders

The only app like this that I am aware of is called Birthdays by SplashData. It is available from the App Store for $0.99. SplashData has good applications. From the reviews, however this is a standalone app that does not pick up the birthdays located in the Contacts app. If you don't mind re-adding your birthdays or anniversaries then for the price "Birthdays" is the app to use. The other two free apps I tried; "iHappyDays" and "BirthdayList" take the birthday info from Contacts but there is no reminder, iHappyDays is better IMHO because it also picks up anniversaries and you can edit the contact info in iHappyDays. BirthdayList does neither; just shows birthdays.

The problem I have with either of these apps or with Contacts, for that matter, is that I have many of my contacts set up as Mr. and Mrs or John and Jane Smith. It seems I can only add one birthday field that will actually be picked up by iHappyDays or BirthdayList. The only way I can add another birthday is by adding a date, add a custom label such "birthday" or "anniversary" and it will appear on the Contacts page. But neither of these apps will import the added dates since it is not an actual added field. I don't know if additonal birthday or anniversary field can be added. If it can, I don't have a clue how to do this.

Default birthday reminder app
    There is a new app for birthday and gift occasion reminders. It uses Apple notifications to remind you in time to get a gift. Then, it lets you buy a gift right in the phone and have it wrapped and delivered with a personal note.

https://www.giftgiverservice.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

ibirthday
    ithink

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Hello people,

If you are looking for a birthday reminder app on AppStore: eAnniversary (only US$ 0.99).

eAnniversary will let you track: birthdays and anniversaries, with features to remember you and congratulate the other part.

Social networking is also present. Now you can share birthdays and anniversaries with your friends and family in Twitter and Facebook.

You may also update your Google calendar with eAnniversary data, and a lot more features! Check on:

eAnniversary for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Best regards,