+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Backup app store game save data

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
is there any way to SSH to your phone and backup your saved games, like in Enigmo, or dizzy bee. I want to restore my phone, but not lose my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Backup app store game save data
    is there any way to SSH to your phone and backup your saved games, like in Enigmo, or dizzy bee. I want to restore my phone, but not lose my saved games.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes the Folders are /Applications/Documents and var/mobile/Documents. I tried it with Enigmo and it worked after a restore. Dont forget to give the Document folders 0777 permissions after your restore.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lefty For This Useful Post:

chrismonster16 (10-12-2011), fantsypants (01-03-2010), KillerChris1213 (07-15-2009), lilskaterpunk (10-21-2009), TheOrioles33 (08-11-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Lefty!

You have been thanked!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What file in the Documents would u save? or is best to just save the whole document folder and then SSH the folder back into the iPhone after restore and change permissions?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Use chronus then just copy the timecapsule folder.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fvega View Post
    Use chronus then just copy the timecapsule folder.
    Ya that could help but I do not want to install anymore apps needed. So SSH is really easy to do.
    Thanks though.
    Last edited by lilskaterpunk; 10-27-2009 at 07:33 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry, I know I'm bringing back an old thread, but how do you back up the files? In WinSCP, there are some files that use some weird configurations or links and the game saves can't copy to my computer. There's no way for me to actually backup game saves when I rejailbreak.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey everyone, i know i am bringing back an old thread, but i did not find the answer to this persons problem posted, so i thought id'e go ahead and give the answer i found.

to save your games,
    1. find some sort of program to access your files (diskaid or even SSH will work)

2. go to \private\var\mobile\applications.
    once here you will see multiple folders with a hexidecimal string of numbers and letters. these folders contain your app. as of today, i do not know of any way to find out what app is in which folder without actually going into it, but this isn't much of a problem since there should be a folder with the app name inside the first folder.

3.copy the entire folder of said app to a backup on your computer.

4. when you wish to restore the data, have the app already installed on your iphone. go back to \private\var\mobile\applications and
    find the application you wish to restore

here is where things can vary slightly by each app.

**NOTE**
    after you've copied the correct folders, go through them and make sure the owner of the file is set to "mobile" not "root"
    if the file owner is set to root, simple open up the properties of the file, and make the "Owner" field the same as the "Group" field.

5a. for most apps iv'e tried, all you have to do is take the documents folder from your backed-up app, and past it over the current app on your iphone, replacing anything it asks about.

5b. if the step above does not work, try copying over the "Preferences" folder in \private\var\mobile\applications\< hexadecimal string>\Library, again, replacing anything it asks.

Hope this helps.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angeloftheafterlife For This Useful Post:

sirooga (10-13-2010), xDestructionx (08-04-2010)

Thanks

How to restore as "new", and keep your appstore app data/saved games best way. Video will be posted by me tomorrow.

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angeloftheafterlife View Post
    2. go to privatevarmobileapplications.
    once here you will see multiple folders with a hexidecimal string of numbers and letters. these folders contain your app. as of today, i do not know of any way to find out what app is in which folder without actually going into it, but this isn't much of a problem since there should be a folder with the app name inside the first folder.
    There is a way of knowing app folders. If you have SBSettings installed, and you press the "More" button in the SBSettings window, a settings page will open up, where you can find out app folders. Have a look at the screens.
    Backup app store game save data-img_0249.jpg

Backup app store game save data-img_0251.jpg

Thanks

or just do what the original post said and prosper.....

Twitter: @tshoults