+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon Reorder (alphabetize) on 2.0?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Any app out there to easily reorder/alphabetize apps on the springboard? The drag and drop method is ok, but damn is is slow. An app to edit com.apple.springboard.plist offline would
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Icon Reorder (alphabetize) on 2.0?
    Any app out there to easily reorder/alphabetize apps on the springboard? The drag and drop method is ok, but damn is is slow.

An app to edit com.apple.springboard.plist offline would be fine too.

Basically I want my first page static, and the remaining app pages alphabetized. Just being able to alphabetize everything would be fine, then I could just drag and drop my first page/dock.

Thanks

Damn I need same thing and asked before but no one helped

The only way to do is (if the app are from itune) you un check them in itune, they wll get uninstall and then you reselct them and resync, and then they will be in order. But if you have many application it can take some time.

Hope some one will make a tool to do this automaticaly (except first page :P )

Thanks

Nah, don't think anyone will bother with this, it's pretty ridiculous!

Do you sort out all your socks and panties by colour?
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

just hide all your apps and you an app launcher... they sort apps alphabetically

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post

what a stupid comparative you did.

When i have to search an application on 9 pages it take hell of time as they are not in alphabetic order.

I dont search socks like this. If you dont know you better keep quite then saying stupidities

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post

Wow somebody's sure an *** tonight, don't ya think?

Sorting alphabetically is a great idea to keep pages of apps organized, or maybe you are just alphabet challenged?

Thanks

slaich2000 what did you posted ? as i only see a white box

Thanks

Anything around like this yet, or just a quicker way to adjust icon order? It seems with all the cydia, app store, and installer apps lots of folks have lots of apps (i've got 7 pages) and the drag and drop thing is just painful!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    Anything around like this yet, or just a quicker way to adjust icon order? It seems with all the cydia, app store, and installer apps lots of folks have lots of apps (i've got 7 pages) and the drag and drop thing is just painful!
    like I suggested before, download via cydia the AppFLOW app. This will alphabatize your apps and put them in a format similar to your contacts list or iPod format. Even has coverflow... supports appstore apps too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No.
    Deal with it.
    Wait; eventually something will come out.
    Right now, just use Poof to hide whatever you won't use on a regular basis. Then, use an app launcher to start apps that aren't on your springboard.
    Chill out. It's not the end of the world.

Thanks

geezus people, I just asked a question......

Thanks

^Don't worry, not everyone is like that. It's just that some people having been laid in a while and take out their anger over the internet. =P

Anyways best thing you could do for now is do what reznor9 suggested and get AppFlow and use that since it alphabetizes your apps and is simple to use.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiPSET08 View Post
    ^Don't worry, not everyone is like that. It's just that some people having been laid in a while and take out their anger over the internet. =P

Anyways best thing you could do for now is do what reznor9 suggested and get AppFlow and use that since it alphabetizes your apps and is simple to use.
    Yeah, that was rude of me. I saw the same questions being asked repeatedly, and the topic being bumped by the author. It's not a difficult thing to search for, and if it was out he'd probably know, but he kept asking.
    And no, it wasn't about having not been laid in a while. In fact, I could have had sex by now if I had chosen to hang out with those people. I just don't want to get high on cough medicine, lose my virginity at age 14, and be a loser in general. Thanks though, for your wise assumption.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jacktaylor73 For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (08-18-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacktaylor73 View Post
    Yeah, that was rude of me. I saw the same questions being asked repeatedly, and the topic being bumped by the author. It's not a difficult thing to search for, and if it was out he'd probably know, but he kept asking.
    And no, it wasn't about having not been laid in a while. In fact, I could have had sex by now if I had chosen to hang out with those people. I just don't want to get high on cough medicine, lose my virginity at age 14, and be a loser in general. Thanks though, for your wise assumption.
    Those people? What do you mean by those people? Are you in fact making a wise assumption of your own that people who have sex are either high on cough medicine or losers in general? I have sex on a regular basis and I've never gotten high on cough medicine and I'm not a loser.

To the OP:
    It only takes but a few minutes to sort out your icons. I did mine by type (i.e. games, utils, etc) and it took maybe 10 minutes to do 8 pages worth. Why not just suck it up and spend the few minutes?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to flopethedope For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (08-18-2008)

Thanks

Is pretty simple! (addressing the smart@$$e$ who replied)... If you do not have an answer or do not know how to resolve someone's issue or even answer someone's question, then dont. What may seem as useless for you, may be useful for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    Any app out there to easily reorder/alphabetize apps on the springboard? The drag and drop method is ok, but damn is is slow.

An app to edit com.apple.springboard.plist offline would be fine too.

Basically I want my first page static, and the remaining app pages alphabetized. Just being able to alphabetize everything would be fine, then I could just drag and drop my first page/dock.
    unfortunatelly it does look like an app loader will be your best solution. I personally use AppFlow to limit my icons to "2" pages only. I have about 7 games and 4 apps that dont use ofthen; therefore, I hid the icons using BossPrefs and get to the games & apps using AppFlow.
    I am actually looking for a way to re-name the games by adding a "1" to the beginning of its name so when i load AppFlow they're the first ones that come up since they do get listed in alphabetical order.

Take care

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacktaylor73 View Post
    LMAO, thank you made my day by actually taking what I said seriously. And btw I was referring to redcard. Anyways I'm with flopethedope, I'm 18 and I've never touched drugs..well I mean done any or smoked or anything like that just because I don't want to.

Also there's nothing wrong with getting laid, you're putting it as if it's a bad thing.

BACK TO TOPIC: Just go with what flopethedope suggested or use appFlow. Either works great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Three words.... Multimoveicon

I have just discovered that this will put icons in order by the way they are selected

Ex. Calculator, App Store and cydia

It moves multiple icons at once so if you highlight App Store then calculator then cydia go to a new page hit the home button and whatever order you highlighted them in it will automatically put them in that order