Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with mail app.

Default Help with mail app.
    I've recently been messing around on with my ipod touch through SSH.
    after the last few minor modifications, (such as installing installer) i have found that mail refuses to download my emails. at the moment my inbox is empty, and when i open mail it says 'downloading 1-25 of 25 messages'. once this step is complete, the application crashes. the next time i open mail, the exact same thing happens, without any of my emails loaded. Please help, advise on what may be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by atrain View Post
    I've recently been messing around on with my ipod touch through SSH.
    after the last few minor modifications, (such as installing installer) i have found that mail refuses to download my emails. at the moment my inbox is empty, and when i open mail it says 'downloading 1-25 of 25 messages'. once this step is complete, the application crashes. the next time i open mail, the exact same thing happens, without any of my emails loaded. Please help, advise on what may be the problem.
    don't have a touch.. so this may be irrelevant, but it sounds like you pooched some permissions. in your SSH excursions you do any "chmod" type things? chances are you might need to reset the mail apps permissions. i wanna say i've read something about that in another thread. mail app crashing has happened to a few others i believe.
    i know when mine wasn't working it was a larger problem that a restore fixed. hopefully yours is the former

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jah For This Useful Post:

atrain (08-04-2008)

Default I had that once.
    I had the same think until i restored it. I know restoring is a pain, so i looked for 2.0's mail app and did not find it. So maybe you could find it your self or just restore. O here i attached the on from my phone you can try, but it has a WOW theme icon.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowck5000 For This Useful Post:

atrain (08-04-2008)

Thank you both very much. I tried installing the file you sent, but it didn't make a difference.

As for the advice about resetting the permissions, i thought about that, but i'm not sure what they were supposed to be originally. is it 775 or 755?

i got it fixed. took your advice and looked for other threads, and i found out how to fix my problems.
    Last edited by atrain; 08-04-2008 at 05:57 PM.