Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
08-02-2008, 08:41 AM #1
[GUIDE] installing 3G/2.0 apps with winscp ssh
thought id share this:
make sure you have openssh installed on your jailbreaked iphone
1. Download the archive "***. app"
2. open WinSCP (user:root Password:alpine)
3. copy archive "***.app" to: private/var/stash/Applications.63D9WL (.63D9WL extension will be different on all iphones)
4. right click on newly copied file and hit properties and set permissions to 755 and check mark "recursive" and hit "OK"
5. create a folder called "Documents" (if not already created) in private/var/mobile/ (make sure you have capitalized the first letter "D" in Documents)
6. right click on newly created "Documents" folder and hit properties and set permissions to 755 and check mark "recursive" and hit "OK"
7. hard reboot iphone (turn power off and back on)
8. play with your new app!
08-07-2008, 07:31 PM #2
I followed those exact directions but I can't seem to find "stash" after var. How can I fix this? And can I install 2.0 App Store apps on a 1.1.4 jailbroken with ZiPhone? By the way I'm using Winscp.
08-08-2008, 12:35 AM #3
I can't see where is recursive?? I set the file to 0755 but where is recursive??
08-08-2008, 06:13 AM #4
Use WinSCP ( on PC )or iCommander ( on iPhone/Cydia ) to set permissions
12-11-2008, 03:16 PM #5
When I do this, and I hit recursive, it unchecks as soon as I hit ok. The app folder is still in the directory, but no springboard icon....
02-18-2010, 07:04 PM #6
wow this is an old post, but here I am.
I get the same as vis0, no icon.. no what?? any ideas??
08-16-2010, 08:26 AM #7
hi please can someone help me. I just SHHed into my iphone and when i add apps .app the icon does not appear and the app attemps to launch but fails. Any ideas? also Mitube icon does not appear, but opens, but all download fail when it comes to saving!