• Not Using it

18 10.84%
  • Wanting to

17 10.24%
  • Know way

3 1.81%
+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer.app Questions

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by myan31 Anyone know if the newest version of installer wipes out usage time after installing something? Ya I have noticed it does this too.
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myan31 View Post
    Anyone know if the newest version of installer wipes out usage time after installing something?

Ya I have noticed it does this too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Ya I have noticed it does this too.
    The newest version doesnt do this though rSBT still does

svenett
    I installed this program without doing any of the modding steps. I just downloaded the file to my mac, plugged in my iphone and ran the program. is this normal? i've been reading a lot of articles about jailbreak, ssh and other modding steps, however I didn't know about these steps before I ran the program. I just want to make sure I'm not at risk of damaging the phone because I didn't 'jailbreak' or do anything else. Please advise!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Smile Help
    I have added Installer app to Applications changed ditto, but Installer app opens then goes back to homescreen I can get it to work, I have read about the cmod and tried running this command, is this for MAC only but can get to take. I am using XP, please help me get this running.

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I downloaded a theme using the installer app after adding hightymes to my list. Only problem know is I dont know how to get it to revert back to the original theme??? help please, i already uninstalled the theme and rebooted the phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by svenett View Post
    I installed this program without doing any of the modding steps. I just downloaded the file to my mac, plugged in my iphone and ran the program. is this normal? i've been reading a lot of articles about jailbreak, ssh and other modding steps, however I didn't know about these steps before I ran the program. I just want to make sure I'm not at risk of damaging the phone because I didn't 'jailbreak' or do anything else. Please advise!
    You're fine. the other methods you mentioned are what we used to have to do to mod this fine phone. You probably won't ever have to touch jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by clever_name View Post
    I downloaded a theme using the installer app after adding hightymes to my list. Only problem know is I dont know how to get it to revert back to the original theme??? help please, i already uninstalled the theme and rebooted the phone.
    Note: everytime you change icon sets (themes), you have to uninstall the current one first. So, having said that, uninstall your current theme. Next, scroll down to the Stock_Theme theme. Install that...you should be back to normal. Also, if you are using summerboard, you probably shouldn't install the "normal" themes, just the ones that are for summerboard. if you aren't using summerboard...you should install it...it rocks

post more if you're still struggling...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinb View Post
    I have added Installer app to Applications changed ditto, but Installer app opens then goes back to homescreen I can get it to work, I have read about the cmod and tried running this command, is this for MAC only but can get to take. I am using XP, please help me get this running.

thanks
    What method did you use to install Installer.app? if you used the auto-installer, you should be good to go "right outta the box". if you have not rebooted your phone...try that.

If you installed it via SFTP, you will need to change the properties of the files to make them executable. go into your /Applications/Installer.app directory and select all of the files. Right click, select "get info". change the properties to 755. I'm not as familiar with WinSCP...i really need more info to help on this one... post back if you're still "in progress"
    Last edited by antiflash; 09-12-2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

which themes are only for summerboard???

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clever_name View Post
    which themes are only for summerboard???

The Icon Sets

There is only one up right now as I had to take some others down. The thing with any theme except iSwitcher themes I've uploaded, is that if there was a icon made for that theme and you don't have that program installed, it will still install the icon and if you press the icon the program will try to launch and freeze. I included the icon and info.plist for each program that an icon was made for so that you can see the icon in rSBT even if you don't have it installed. This allows you to slide those unwanted icons into the hidden section. Or just delete the .app folder for the programs you don't have installed with Finder.

Or, you could just install iSwitcher and download some of those themes. When you goto put on one of those themes, iswitcher checks to see if the program is installed, if it isn't then it will not install the icon, therefore leaving unwanted icons off the homescreen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know this is off the subject a little, but that does it mean when it tells me I need to chmod +x all "Embark" files when I want to load an application I downloaded? How do I do that???

Thanks for all your help...

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234