+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about BossTool

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Does Bosstool work on 1.1.3??? and move the apps to the right place
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Does Bosstool work on 1.1.3??? and move the apps to the right place

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I used Bosstools on 1.1.3 and yes it did work. I have more free space on my smaller partition and all app work.
    Except of course my Camera...which STILL doesn't work and still gives me the message "There is not enough room to take additional picutres. Please delete some existing photos"!!!!
    I think I've tried everything down...downgrading...upgrading again...using Bosstools.
    But still camera doesn't work. It opens but te lense thing stays closed and the message pops up.
    Pleeeaaaaassssseeeee if anyone can help......

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Try camerapro it works good for me as my Camera on 1.1.3

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Try camerapro it works good for me as my Camera on 1.1.3
    I tried Camerapro as well...and all I get is a blank screen when I open it...as if the camera lens is covered....which it's not!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default BossTool Messd of iPhone
    BossTool Messed up my iphone and i looked up on google and someone posted someting on there blog, i tried there solution and it worked
    "I came across this new source, NewATTiPhone.com, that shows a app that promises to move applications to the larger partition, without the hassle of Terminal commands.
    I suggested this on hackint0sh.org forum, and someone reported back that it works flawlessly.
    This is good, because there have been some reports that BossTools does not always succeed.
    One of those reports was from me!

If you urgently need to increase the space for installing apps, I suggest you try this first, before BossTools.
    Source URL: http://newATTiPhone.com/repo.xml"

http://onceyougomac.blogspot.com/200...plication.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can I upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 with BOSSTOOL installed?
    Will it crash my iPhone?
    Will I have to undo BoosTool to Upgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If U have iphone problem "camera not enough room ...." its 100% hardware prob. and try to chahge camera or only clean camera conector.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok this-might sound like a stupid question but I just downgraded back to 1.1.1 from soft1.1.3 had to many problems on that...Can this Bootool be used on 1.1.1 and then move up to 1.1.2 then up to 1.1.3 or this can only be used on 1.1.3 only

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by popzoran View Post
    If U have iphone problem "camera not enough room ...." its 100% hardware prob. and try to chahge camera or only clean camera conector.
    I think you must be correct. I've tried everything...and I mean everything...for a software solution but nothing works. It must be hardware.
    Pity I can't just send my phone off to Apple under guarantee!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After lots of searching and also trying a million things, I stumbled upon a "fix" earlier today. Simply put your finger on the camera lens and apply some pressure to push it into the body of the iPhone - this got my camera to work.

It does seem that the problem is cause by a loose connection or some other hardware issue. In my case, it seems to happen when the camera iris is adjusting for different exposure/light levels.

Green Apple
    Thanks

THIS FIX WORKS! Simply press down on the lens.

UNREAL!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cool love your work
    ok bigboss love the boss tool just had one question after moving the app's how do i unistall.. i open installer and there not there.. thanx's a bunch

What's Jailbreak? emiliosdance1's Avatar
    Thanks

.................................................. .................................................. .......................
    Hi guys , it is definitely software related i just fix-it after i deleted the DCIM directory on var/mobile/media/ and rebooted. I was so desperate but now my camera works again. The amazing think is that a new directory is created and now my camera doesn't show this funny message again
    Last edited by emiliosdance1; 04-17-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Yes. It creates a link from /Applications to the new location. The "OS" doesn't know anything moved. Everything will get installed to /Applications still, but that points to the new location, so in effect, it gets installed to the new location.

I am on 1.1.14 iphone and for some strange reason, after i click to move the fonts to the other partition, i can't use the iphone ,

it is stuck at the boot up screen.

i rebooted and it is still the same like it is bricked, unusable.

is there a way to restore the iphone as all my contacts calendar are trapped in the backup of the after "moved the fonts state", the back up copy is now the after "moved the fonts state" and it seems i may have to live with a brand new iphone, any way to unbrick it ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

hold the power & home button at the same time
    if not use ziphone to put it into DFU mode I believe it is called and restore!
    30+ Apps Installed And Going
    1.1.4 8GB Iphone
    Jailbraked using Ziphone !!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emiliosdance1 View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. .......................
    Hi guys , it is definitely software related i just fix-it after i deleted the DCIM directory on var/mobile/media/ and rebooted. I was so desperate but now my camera works again. The amazing think is that a new directory is created and now my camera doesn't show this funny message again
    First off, thanks emiliodance1! Your method worked! I'd have to agree that it was a software problem. Although my phone did take a large thump on the concrete over the weekend, the camera didn't conk out until today. I tried the "Reset all Settings" method, no luck. I also tried the thumb pressure method, but although I was a bit skeptical about the DCIM folder delete method, this was the method that worked for me! I sometimes see white lines streaking across the screen these days, so maybe it's a little bit of both - hardware and software. Thanks again.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12