Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Mail.app not working with 2.0is a discussion within the
Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussionforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
I installed one of the custom 2.0 firmwares (pwnage) on my 1.1.4 1st gen iphone and all installed properly, the only thing that is not working is the mail app,...
07-22-2008, 06:27 PM #1Mail.app not working with 2.0
I installed one of the custom 2.0 firmwares (pwnage) on my 1.1.4 1st gen iphone and all installed properly, the only thing that is not working is the mail app, it just goes back to springboard when i try to launch it. any help would be great.
07-22-2008, 06:33 PM #2
I think the problem is that Mail.app user directory is owned by root. It should be owned by mobile.
To fix it, use SSH to change ownership:
chown -R mobile:mobile /var/mobile/Library/Mail
07-22-2008, 09:41 PM #3
after u restored to the custom firmware, did u do restore from backup or set up as a new phone? because i know that setting up as a new phone fixes it.. if u are past this, then what i did once was SSH into my phone into i think
var/mobile/Library/Mail and i think u can either set the permissions to 0777 or i deleted the .plist in there which wipes out the accounts that are stored on the phone which i believe is why it crashes.. hope this helps!
07-23-2008, 05:32 AM #4
07-23-2008, 06:02 AM #5
I PWN'd to 2.0 and then did a restore. Had the mail.app crashing issue when trying to load two IMAP accounts.
I just did the ssh method described, and all is well again. I figured ssh was faster than the restore process (my iPhone is almost full).....
Note that with the ssh method you may also get the 'WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!' message when you go to ssh into your iPhone the first time after an firmware/software upgrade (because the phones' signature key has changed). All you need to do, if you are on a Mac, is delete the 'known_hosts' file in your user directory (it's a hidden directory). Go into your user folder and hit CMD + Shift + G and type ".ssh". Delete the known hosts file. Next time you ssh on your phone it will query you if its ok.
Was still faster for me than a restore.