Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHAPE Services Released Skype for iPhone

Default SHAPE Services Released Skype for iPhone
    SHAPE Services has announced the availability of IM+ for Skype for iPhone, the Safari web application for accessing Skype ecosystem from the mobile environment. For a limited time IM+ for Skype iPhone version is being offered free of charge to all iPhone users.

Now iPhone owners can log onto http://skypeforiphone.com using the device's Safari web browser and talk with their Skype contacts or call any landlines and mobiles in a cost-efficient way.

IM+ for Skype uses SkypeOut credits for voice communication ensuring cost-effective calls to any number around the globe. For users of Skype Unlimited and Skype Pro plans IM+ enables almost free calling from the mobile device to any PC with Skype or any landline/mobile number.

IM+ for Skype is already available for BlackBerry RIM, Windows Mobile Pocket PC, Palm OS, Symbian and J2ME devices. The application works in any network and doesn't require WiFi.

seems like it would be a great service, except that it never connects. I tried even on my macbook pro and to no avail.

If it weren't operated by shapeservices (I did a whois on the domain name) then I'd be a little unnerved about handing out my skype username and password.