+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No longer able to Install

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I am having this problem on my iPhone 1.1.2 as well...ever since updating Installer (my son is too...he has a 1.1.1 Touch)... The strange thing is I am able to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Installer not installing apps
    I am having this problem on my iPhone 1.1.2 as well...ever since updating Installer (my son is too...he has a 1.1.1 Touch)...
    The strange thing is I am able to download iPhysics Level Packs...but when I try to install apps it looks like all is fine, but it crashes back to main screen about 3/4 of the way through. I uninstalled (through Installer) a few apps and about 25 megs of wallpapers...still no good.
    Would re-installing Installer help?
    It seems as if this problem is relatively widespread, and wondering if a simple fix is possible...

Thanks for any info...I will try out BigBoss fix later today and hope it works...

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toydesign View Post
    I am having this problem on my iPhone 1.1.2 as well...ever since updating Installer (my son is too...he has a 1.1.1 Touch)...
    The strange thing is I am able to download iPhysics Level Packs...but when I try to install apps it looks like all is fine, but it crashes back to main screen about 3/4 of the way through. I uninstalled (through Installer) a few apps and about 25 megs of wallpapers...still no good.
    Would re-installing Installer help?
    It seems as if this problem is relatively widespread, and wondering if a simple fix is possible...

Thanks for any info...I will try out BigBoss fix later today and hope it works...
    Delete a few more apps and install BossTool.
    Migrate the Ringtones, Wallpaper, first then apps.
    You will be good to go

3. The Following User Says Thank You to n0m0n For This Useful Post:

toydesign (01-23-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks n0m0n...worked great!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok ok please im really needing help here!!!... i got a p.c not mac and really need help getting my installer back ...i had the 1.1.2 version then downloaded a big boss 1.1.3 ad everything was fine but then.... THIS IS WHERE IT GETS LETHAL!!!...i tried ti update a nullriver 3.0b sumet and that was the end of installer for me!!! just loads to blank page then switches off!! gutted ..so please someone out there help me please!!!.. Oh and if i need to do this ssh thingy what parts of winscp do i download to access my phone?? theres loads im really getting muddled up ..plz help! thanks waiting for reply Kanie.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmmm...
    It takes Installer over 10 seconds to show the Feature page upon choosing the Installer icon.
    Is this about right?
    I thought it was almost instant a few days back.
    Now this is without a refresh.

Also I installed BSD v2, and now I see in the update section a BSD Lite v2.

Are both supposed to be installed or is there a difference between other then one is lite and one is full?

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have a problem first bosstools wasnt working for me everytime i tried to relocate ringtones wallpapers or apps the screen just flashed and nothing happened, so i followed tibsfox directions in the previous page to go through terminal and manually relocate my apps to free up space, but now i get the main script execution error failed, in installer when i try to download new apps,if anybody knows a solutions to this its greatly appreciatted thanks
    Last edited by kpace1; 01-28-2008 at 02:41 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok
    Last edited by kpace1; 01-28-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: double post

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default help please
    i have been having the same problem and the installer has been crashing, i tried to transfer some stuff by big boss application when i received a call and then the phone hung. i rebooted the phone and it is only on the slide to unlock screen, it is refreshing every 5 secondsand i cant do anything

iPhone? More like MyPhone vinodis's Avatar
    Thanks

After a 1.1.3 update my free diskspace is showing like:-

df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
    /dev/disk0s1 267M 266M 0B 100% /
    devfs 18K 18K 0B 100% /dev
    /dev/disk0s2 7.3G 4.7G 2.6G 65% /private/var

What is going on wrong here?
    I am not able to launch the installer - it just goes back to home screen.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been having a similar error as kpace1. I jailbraked my iTouch up to 1.1.2, then updated installer and bsd subsystems to the newest ones, then preformed the "official" 1.1.3 jailbreak from the Dev Team (ya'll guys rock) that is in installer from MMi. Then I manually relocated /Applications to /private/var/mobile/Applications and was able to install a few games. then i started getting the error "main script execution failed" from installer. i used WinSCP to preform the df command before i moved /Applications and after, and i found that the smaller partition had 0% free before and 23 % free afterwards, so i have no idea what could be wrong, could i have make a mistake upgrading, or is it permissions, or what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been having a similar error as kpace1. I jailbraked my iTouch up to 1.1.2, then updated installer and bsd subsystems to the newest ones, then preformed the "official" 1.1.3 jailbreak from the Dev Team (ya'll guys rock) that is in installer from MMi. Then I manually relocated /Applications to /private/var/mobile/Applications and was able to install a few games. then i started getting the error "main script execution failed" from installer. i used WinSCP to preform the df command before i moved /Applications and after, and i found that the smaller partition had 0% free before and 23 % free afterwards, so i have no idea what could be wrong, could i have make a mistake upgrading, or is it permissions, or what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question TWO Installers!!!!!!
    Since I updated to 1.1.3 using the official method, I'm getting the "main script execution failure" error every time I use installer. I was able to connect to my phone using SSH (the root password changed back to "alpine" and I noticed that I have two installer apps.
    One in the /var/root/Installer.app/ folder (this one have all my sources) and the second one in the Applications/Installer.app folder This one only have the appsnap and the community sources). I only see one icon on the phone and every time I use it I get the error installing or uninstalling an app.

Using the Terminal from my Mac I was able to run both applications without an error, but in order to see the new app installed I have to turn off/on my phone. I was able to install the "Locate me" app and fix the Google maps issue.

I renamed the installer on the /var/root directory but I still get the famous error.

Any ideas? Should I delete the installer from the /var/root directory?

Thanks in advance

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wait. So I just replace the Installer files in my iPhone via iBrickr(for example) with the files in that ZIP file. and it is fixed?

I have 1.1.2 JB.

iPhone? More like MyPhone vinodis's Avatar
    Thanks

@john: I tried manually copying the Installer files. Did not work for me. I am now downgrading from 1.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

double post sry
    Last edited by nemmy; 01-29-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys im new here but i would greatly appreciate it if u can please help me too. i still have yet to upgrade to 1.1.3 but im having a similar problem. i tried manually installing installer.app and reinstalling BSD subsystem. my installer still crashes. when i try to start the installer the screen would change for like 1 sec (nothing loads) and then it would crash and bring me bak to the home screen
    i think this problem started when i was updating the BSD subsystem and my iphone went to sleep mode and it "interupted" the process. and ever since then i started noticing something strange.
    like when i installed updated for iphysics, it would complete but then installer would crash. when i check iphysics it got the update but installer still has iphysics on the list (from the same source). i thought it was my installer so i reinstalled it and now installer wont even start. please help =(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 9.3mb free and I still cannot open installer. I have been erasing apps and I did your instructions to move wallpaper and ringtones.

please help me.
    Last edited by jweinograd; 01-29-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried Boss' method of creating an Installer directory in var/root/library and copied the neccessary 4 files into it.

I only have a few apps so I know it's not a memory issue, but I just can't install any apps, after downloading, it just crashes and goes back to the home screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi nomon

i am ifone user nd installing a lot of application. u have too many software loaded. the main disk taking applications has only 300 MB of storage. u have exceeded that. u can move ur wallpaper, fonts or an application to the 2nd drive by using an application bossbox (something like that), sorry i forgot, but u will get it in installer. but be careful in using that, dont mess up ur fone. u will always finf me in gsmarena forum. see u there. sa60

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same prob as everyone else. I have the 1.11 and updated the installer and for whatever reason it would not let me load any new apps so I reloaded the installer then it crashed. I do not see the applications folder using WINSFP but I need to know if this affects me and if i can make a new one and add installer app. from big boss in the folder or not? PLease help me members

Thank you in advance