Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories App and Bug Reports

I just recently updated/jailbroke to 3.1.3 (redsn0w with the 3.1.2 loop hole) and Categories (2.99.4-4) is going crazy on me. Usually my app icons are automatically hidden when I add them to a folder but they won't anymore. I tried hiding the apps with the "hide app" in both Categories and SBSettings (turn them to off) but they just reset back to on when I exit or press back. I tried reinstalling Categories through Cydia but no luck.
    Last edited by spdyrel; 04-04-2010 at 12:21 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Categories Must Be Redone
    Quote Originally Posted by spdyrel View Post
    I just recently updated/jailbroke to 3.1.3 (redsn0w with the 3.1.2 loop hole) and Categories (2.99.4-4) is going crazy on me. Usually my app icons are automatically hidden when I add them to a folder but they won't anymore. I tried hiding the apps with the "hide app" in both Categories and SBSettings (turn them to off) but they just reset back to on when I exit or press back. I tried reinstalling Categories through Cydia but no luck.
    Each time a phone is jailbreaked, the apps are restored as if they are installed new - by Apple iTunes. Categories cannot compensate for this. I have tried re-hiding icons but in the end its just easier to remove the former categories and start over.

I wouldn't fault Categories for it. Apple doesn't support (or care) about jailbreak apps.

I use the opportunity to weed out apps I never use and make room for more fun stuff.

The latest Categories and SBSettings are soooo much better than earlier versions! They open and close FAST! And I never crash setting it up anymore.

Jailbreak is a tradeoff. For me, its still worth it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I cannot find a way to make the app titles appear below the icon in my Category folders.
    I am running iSatin winterboard theme, and do not have (or want titles) on my main screens. However, I do want titles for my apps in my Category created folders, since I have way too many apps to know them by icons any more.

Any help?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampyre View Post
    I cannot find a way to make the app titles appear below the icon in my Category folders.
    I am running iSatin winterboard theme, and do not have (or want titles) on my main screens. However, I do want titles for my apps in my Category created folders, since I have way too many apps to know them by icons any more.

Any help?
    Themes have absolutely no control over Categories-created folders. They are not actual folders at all. They are min-apps pretending to be folders.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdfu View Post
    Themes have absolutely no control over Categories-created folders. They are not actual folders at all. They are min-apps pretending to be folders.
    Prior to the latest update to Categories, I did have text labels for my apps inside my category folders... I seem to remember there being an option within CAtegories to turn on the text labels as well, and cannot seem to find it now

Quote Originally Posted by bdfu View Post
    Each time a phone is jailbreaked, the apps are restored as if they are installed new - by Apple iTunes. Categories cannot compensate for this. I have tried re-hiding icons but in the end its just easier to remove the former categories and start over.

I wouldn't fault Categories for it. Apple doesn't support (or care) about jailbreak apps.

I use the opportunity to weed out apps I never use and make room for more fun stuff.

The latest Categories and SBSettings are soooo much better than earlier versions! They open and close FAST! And I never crash setting it up anymore.

Jailbreak is a tradeoff. For me, its still worth it.
    I don't know if you were directly answering my question but I did completely re-install Categories to the earliest update. My apps just wont hide no matter what I do. I tried using the "hide app" in Categories and SBSettings but the apps just stay on the springboard. Any way I can fix this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

BUMP for help getting my app labels back in Category folders

Green Apple
    Thanks

nothing?

Come on Big Boss! It can't be that difficult to add web shortcuts to folders...
    This app really needs the capability.

My camera and photos icons disappear after every respring. I have to go into SBSettings and hide them and then unhide them to make them reappear. Does anybody know how to keep this from happening. I would prefer to not have to do this anymore. Any input would be appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can reset all the hide flags by resetting restrictions. Go into Setting->General->Restrictions. Turn them on and then turn them off. Viola! All apps are visible. (Of course this screws up Categories, but you only have to worry about that for a few more days. OS 4 includes folders.)

Anyone know why categories would recognize my music icon but not my video icon? Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elysianalartist View Post
    Anyone know why categories would recognize my music icon but not my video icon? Thanks
    Usually its because you have a (Winterboard) theme overriding it.

I tried turning off all winterboard themes and reinstalling categories but still no luck. Also tried tried manually adjusting the springboard plist instead of winterboard theme and still didnt work. Any other ideas? I appreciate it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345