Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories App and Bug Reports

way to bring this thread back from the dead

the only way to add apps to a category is to use the app

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Over 400 apps, dude slow down

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    way to bring this thread back from the dead

the only way to add apps to a category is to use the app
    As expected - but I had to ask!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Welcome to MMi.

Default Categories and 3.0.1 update
    Well I think I screwed up, I just upgraded to 3.0.1 re-jailbroke and all is ok except I forgot to delete the apps from categories before the upgrade so I now can't see any of them, is there anyway to get them back please?

Thanks Nick

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blondini View Post
    Well I think I screwed up, I just upgraded to 3.0.1 re-jailbroke and all is ok except I forgot to delete the apps from categories before the upgrade so I now can't see any of them, is there anyway to get them back please?

Thanks Nick
    There is a real easy way to make all your hidden apps visible again. Just go to Settings->General and enable Restrictions, then disable them again. Poof! Everything is visible.

Default Make your apps visible again with SBSettings
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondini View Post

Thanks Nick
    I had the same problem. The Categories app hides each app you add to it, which is a good thing since that's the whole point; to clean up your springboard. There are a couple of ways to see your apps again. I used the SBSettings app. It has a "Hide Icons" category. Inside it I saw a list of all of my apps. Next to each one is an On/Off switch. Sure enough, the ones I couldn't see were toggled off. I toggled them on, restarted the springboard and they were all visible again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Photonboy View Post
    I had the same problem. The Categories app hides each app you add to it, which is a good thing since that's the whole point; to clean up your springboard. There are a couple of ways to see your apps again. I used the SBSettings app. It has a "Hide Icons" category. Inside it I saw a list of all of my apps. Next to each one is an On/Off switch. Sure enough, the ones I couldn't see were toggled off. I toggled them on, restarted the springboard and they were all visible again.
    That's a good option for one or two apps. I have 456 apps and (obviously) most of them are hidden. To show them all, all at once, use the "restrictions" trick.

Default App avalanche?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdfu View Post
    I have 456 apps...
    Reminds me of this time I was on Napster, back in the day, and some guy mentioned he had like 500,000 songs. My thought was 1.) Are you nuts? 2.) You need some sunshine, pronto. What in the hell are you going to do with 456 apps? That's insane. I don't think I'm going out on a limb here in suggesting that the vast majority of people have like 20 or 30, tops. In which case SBSettings makes the most sense. It allows you to choose each app you want to see or not see.

PS. No offense intended, I write like I would talk to my buddies over a beer..

Peace

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Photonboy View Post
    Reminds me of this time I was on Napster, back in the day, and some guy mentioned he had like 500,000 songs. My thought was 1.) Are you nuts? 2.) You need some sunshine, pronto. What in the hell are you going to do with 456 apps? That's insane. I don't think I'm going out on a limb here in suggesting that the vast majority of people have like 20 or 30, tops. In which case SBSettings makes the most sense. It allows you to choose each app you want to see or not see.

PS. No offense intended, I write like I would talk to my buddies over a beer..

Peace

No offense taken. I talk the same way about Facebook or Twitter friends. If you have 500 friends, they are not your "friends".

Just the same, I am a developer and do a lot of competitive analysis. I download them, check them out and either disable them in iTunes or file them in Categories. After all, you can only have 11 pages of apps on your Springboard - which translates to 180 ((11 * 16) + 4 in your dock).

BEFORE updating I usually turn all my apps off in iTunes. It makes the process go faster. (I also turn off all my music & videos.)

AFTER updating I load things as needed.

BUT Categories remembers all those invisibility settings - so I always apply the "Restrictions" trick.

By starting over each time I weed out the stuff I'm never going to use again - and sometimes I actually PAY for the ones I do!

Years ago when I was at Apple, we had a pirate flag on top of our building. I guess I've never really let go of that.

My Categories pages after I enter the folder has a black background with just a tiny bit of my SB wallpaper on it. Should it just use my SB Wallpaper or is there another image file that it uses?

Greetings,

I just got new 64Gb iPod Touch G3 and of course it is now JB'd
    I installed Categories app and I love it! However I have a few things that did not go right:

1) Videos never showed up to add to a category.
    2) Music, Photos and WebSheet all show up in Categories as a black icon with a white question mark on it, and in the folders on the springboard they seem to change to 'iPod' app...sometimes twice in one folder.
    3) One app shows up in Categories with no name and as a black icon with a white question mark on it; if I were to click on that it kicks me out of Categories and onto the springboard.
    4) Can I add a URL shortcut that is on my springboard to a Category?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  

Hi

I'm really hoping to get some help with this.

I recently rejailbroke my iphone with the latest Pwnage tool for OS X. I chose to set up a new iphone after it was done. I downloaded categories from Cydia and it's not working like it used to.

First thing I noticed right off the bat was when I created a category it asked me to name it but didn't ask me to choose an icon. I had to do that by editing the category. The biggest problem that's happening is when I add apps to the category and restart the springboard (and even the entire iphone) the apps appear in my folder but still remain on the springboard. I've tried reinstalling, deleting folders from the iphone etc... NOTHING is working.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Default Love this app, but after the last update...
    This is one of my fav iphone apps, but after updating to 2.29 when i go into the categories app interface all my categories are gone...but they exist on the phone! So there is no way to change my perfectly set up phone...what to do? thx!!!

Current level: 2.29
    iPhone 3g v3.0

Anyone happen to know how to add a background to a category? I've been searching for like the past 2 hours with no luck. I have the background turned on in the settings and its just black. I updated mobile substrate and winterboard also. >_>... Help please=] Thanks.

ive been scared of using this app cause alot of ppl having problems with it

It's a really useful app, just doesn't always work the way you want it to x_X..

Quote Originally Posted by Minieke View Post
    It's a really useful app, just doesn't always work the way you want it to x_X..
    it does seem usefull does it work better wit categories sb?

IDK, I haven't bought that.

I just changed the names of a few of my categories (to "Media" and "Reference") and noticed that the app automatically updated the icons. The new icons seem a bit brighter and more detailed than some of the other ones. Is there some kind of list of standard category names that have their own icons? I run Glasklart so it's important that all of the icons are transparent.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast