Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia app install

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Cydia app install
    Hello all, well I was able to jailbreak my iphone 3g on my PC using some alternate methods posted on some other sites.

I now have a program called Cydia on my screen.

My question is how do I actually install apps from my PC onto my iphone.

For example I installed the NES app that comes in cydia but how would I add my roms to it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stv183 For This Useful Post:

09daniel (08-04-2010), Babyxcoryy (09-09-2010), Crazymack2 (07-31-2010), saeed mohd (01-28-2011)

How to SFTP NES ROMs

1. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Cydia)

2. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (MAC FuGu--Wiki Guide / PC WinSCP--Wiki Guide)

3. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

4. var/mobile/media/ROMs/NES , You will need to create the ROMs and NES folders. This is the directory you'll place your NES ROMs.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 07-21-2008 at 12:45 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

iPhone 3G (08-05-2008), kengkkk (07-21-2008), kmodek (09-18-2010), stv183 (07-21-2008)

Is it just me or does the 3g NOT list the iPhone IP address in the settings????

Please help ... How can I find my local IP?? I'm at work without access to router.
    Last edited by ride; 07-21-2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just checked mine and my IP is there in settings. You need to be connected to a wifi router. Check yours again

LOL..... I am an idiot... I didn't go far enough

Thanks!!!!

where can I get roms

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bcons003 For This Useful Post:

Fabby (12-03-2009)

Once I create that folder in my ssh program, how do i save or transfer files into that folder. I seem to be stuck there. Also, do I need to create a similar folder for the 3G recorder or will I be able to acsess these files anyway. Any help is greatly appreciated.\

Josh

I'm wondering the same thing...is there a program for my PC to DL my apps to that will then put them in my phone when I SSH using WinPC? Or do I just make a folder for my desktop to DL to and copy those to my phone in SSH?
    Will the apps automatically run if I make a folder destination on my phone and copy them to it or do they have to go to a specific place?
    This has been the biggest block for me because none of my apps on my phone are even showing in SSH. I've only been able to find my pics.
    Thanks!

hi i wont to install cydia to my iphone 3gs but i dnt know howw if can to help me tnk