Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Suggestion:Dictionary

Default Suggestion:Dictionary
    I have basically no programming experience at all, so I wouldn't be able to do this. But, perhaps you can. My proposal is exactly what the title says. A simple app - a dictionary, maybe even with tabs or the ability to look up one word and then be able to search for another, and come back to the first, much like Safari.
    Just an idea, but if you wanted to take it on, go for it!

--
    snuwoods

i would also love a dictionary app. It would really help me when reading and i don't have a dictionary close by

yeah so would i that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

seems like such an obvious app too, kinda suprised that someone hasnt already made one.

i would think this would take up a large amount of space on the iphone, unless it used an online database. if it used an online database, though, it would be slowwwwww over edge.

so, it might be more difficult than it seems to make an efficient dictionary app.

Why not use dictionary.com

Are you talking about needing it during the first 10 minutes of takeoff and landing and/or being in europe?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shizzabrick View Post
    Why not use dictionary.com

Are you talking about needing it during the first 10 minutes of takeoff and landing and/or being in europe?
    Well its just that it would be more convienent to have an app as apposed to going to a website everytime you want to look a word up. also edge sux.

just make an app that will take you to a website.. so you can click it and go

or use a bookmarklet