Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to remove Customize 2.0 but it's not listed on Uninstall in my Installer

Thanks
    Question I want to remove Customize 2.0 but it's not listed on Uninstall in my Installer
    So i don't really use Customize 2.0 at all since i just ssh everything i want to add/replace on the iphone. weird thing is, it's not listed on the uninstall list at all. i was going to just delete it using Transmit on my mac, but is there anything else installed that i need to delete, or should i try to reinstall it, then try to uninstall it again...pretty weird, i know, but not sure what to do.

using 1.1.4 and trying to free up space and stop getting that pop up that says "you're running out of space on your iphone. delete **** or fear the wrath of kahn!!" well, you know what i mean.

any feedback is appreciated!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

uh download boss tool, or boss prefs and move some stuff and that will solve not enough disk space problem. uh.. did u try to remove through cydia. or you can just ssh to ur phone and remove the files from the mobil directory manually
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

darius359 (07-18-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah just like scream said install Bosstools and move all ya apps to the bigger partition on the phone, if you already have done that, then delete some tunes lol..

As for uninstalling customize, did you install it via installer or did you ssh it in??? If you ssh'ed it will not be in installer and you will have to just ssh it back out..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rustynuts For This Useful Post:

darius359 (07-18-2008)

I wouldn't recommend moving your applications with BossTool unless you absolutely have too. Move your Fonts and Ringtones and you'll gain about 100mb. And your music isn't stored on the same partition as the apps and their data, so don't worry about that.

Installer stores it's list of installed apps at:
    /var/mobile/Library/Installer/LocalPackages.plist
    Assuming Customize is COMPLETLY off of your system, you should be able to edit that file to remove the "installed" traces. Warning: make sure you are using a program that can edit and save plist files. I believe simply ones like Wordpad and Notepad don't work. There are programs that can do it on the Mac for sure, just do a search around.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

darius359 (07-18-2008)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    I wouldn't recommend moving your applications with BossTool unless you absolutely have too.

Installer stores it's list of installed apps at:
    /var/mobile/Library/Installer/LocalPackages.plist
    Assuming Customize is COMPLETLY off of your system, you should be able to edit that file to remove the "installed" traces. Warning: make sure you are using a program that can edit and save plist files.
    thanks for that info guys. i had no intent on using that boss prefs tool, that's why i'm opting to just remove unused apps. i don't know how to view plist files, so other than what installer is showing me on the Uninstall screen, that's all i'm aware of.

I use Transmit to move everything on and off the iphone when i do slight mods (change random stock sounds or themes), but all the apps are downloaded only through installer (i don't have Cydia installed). That's why i thought it was weird that i couldn't find Customize 2.0 in the uninstall list.

I can only see traces of Customize 2.0 in /var/mobile/Library/Installer/Customize2 and /applications/Customize.app. is there files anywhere else that i would have to remove?

Thanks again fellas!

Btw, anyone ever have any issues with that Boss prefs tool that moves the files around or is it all happy scrappy?
    Last edited by darius359; 07-18-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

install file manager on ur iphone .....go to applications ...and delete customize 2.0.app ...everthing will be fine..it will be deleted