+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Letter to DEV of 1.14 apps

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Dear DEV of 1.14 APPS Amazing but predicted by many, it seems since thurs July 10, 2008, there has been NO or one or two updates on the installer. Is
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Letter to DEV of 1.14 apps
    Dear DEV of 1.14 APPS

Amazing but predicted by many, it seems since thurs July 10, 2008, there has been NO or one or two updates on the installer. Is no one developing APPS for 1.14 anymore for us?

Have you all moved to 2.0 already? Please don't abandon us

GREAT APPS like Intellscreen, Videorecorder, Customize, MyMedia, IRadio, Timecapsule, XM, Sirius and others need updates and new options and some need fixes and we hope you all will be working on those updates for the majority of us still out there.

We supported you all many times over both in words and money and would greatly appreciate you great developers continuing your magic

Until 2.0 gets pwned and works with installer and 1.14 apps sometime soon we all hope, we hope you will continue to develop new apps for us that we can enjoy.

Thank you for all of us for your great work over the past year, please do keep it up and please maintain and update and FIX the Installer APPS and keep us all going strong.

An Iphone Enthusiast from DAY ONE!

PS I can respect that we all want to make money, but if we paid for the APPS we use today as I and many have we should get updates and fixes dont you agree even if it was a donation.

Also places like iappcat have not even been updated since July 8th, so please dont abandon us DEV, we respect your desire for 2.0 and the paid options but we also hope you are listening to us who have stuck by you since the start

Thank you
    Last edited by dallasnights; 07-13-2008 at 09:25 AM.
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

While it is true many devs have gone to 2.0, many the apps you mentioned the devs had stated these are beta's on 1.1.4 and will be charged app in 2.0.

Honestly if theye spend time they deserve $, and seeing as donations hardly drive the wallet, going the paid route in 2.0 is gaureenteed $ for you time spent if it is a useful app/game requested by many.

Hopefully freeware will survive or at least copy some of teh paid apps features.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    While it is true many devs have gone to 2.0, many the apps you mentioned the devs had stated these are beta's on 1.1.4 and will be charged app in 2.0.

Honestly if theye spend time they deserve $, and seeing as donations hardly drive the wallet, going the paid route in 2.0 is gaureenteed $ for you time spent if it is a useful app/game requested by many.

Hopefully freeware will survive or at least copy some of teh paid apps features.
    You mean Warez??
    EDM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post

Honestly if they spend time they deserve $, and seeing as donations hardly drive the wallet, going the paid route in 2.0 is gaureenteed $ for you time spent if it is a useful app/game requested by many.

From here it's going to be a popularity contest. Dev's that charge a load for their games will lose popularity and dev's that produce apps for installer will gain in popularity.

No one has a problem with a donation to devs developing installer apps, we've been doing it for god knows how long. If someone develops an app that people like and put's it on the app store then another dev rips it and tweaks it to make it his own (with his own code) and put's it in installer for free guess who is going to be the popular kid in town?

Example - monkeyball v/s neverball

Monkeyball - $10 - no ability to adjust accelerometer

Neverball - free- full accelerometer adjustment and calibration control

This is how the business world works. Find something good and make it your own. Sell it cheaper than the other guy (in this case free and accept donations) and you instantly bypassed the original app popularity. It's been going on since day one of the business world.

Common folk like common things. App store is exclusive, installer is common. It's hard for people to understand where to sit in the food chain to get popularity sometimes. Simple though in business terms...... be common, be cheap (or free), be open and available to everyone (in installer) - not just people on 2.0.

coverage, price, humbleness. You'll be ten times more successful that the big money wanna be devs that everyone is complaining about.

Success as a dev is not in your pocket, it is what everyone thinks of you at the end of the day.
    Last edited by one1; 07-13-2008 at 12:02 PM.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Neverball? Dam, i wish the dev's would release soon.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

yah and it doesn't need much tweaking to be a spot on app. it's in beta 1.0 right now so there's bound to be tweaks needed, but it's practically identical and free. I've had fun playing it. It's in the ispazio repo.

Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone iamse7en's Avatar
    Thanks

It's time to move on from 1.1.4.

Since a public 2.0 jailbreaking method awaits us, there's no reason to stay back on 1.1.4, and encourage developers to port their 1.x.x apps to 2.0: all the ones we love and use. 1.x.x is soon to be obsolete.

It's time for everyone to move on: consumers and developers.