+ Reply
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Categories messed up my iphone

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
So i installed categories, tried it out and now all that appears on my home screen are no icons and "iPod" where the carrier logo should be. hmm.. how do
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help! Categories messed up my iphone
    So i installed categories, tried it out and now all that appears on my home screen are no icons and "iPod" where the carrier logo should be. hmm.. how do i restore this? id use restore from itunes but my music is no longer on my hard drive. i dnt want to lose 1.5gb of music. i read from the "more info" section of the categories app that you can SSH into it and do something with the display order if this sorta thing happened. How do I do it?

Thanks everyone!

P.S. im sorry if im posting in the wrong place of the forums. I ddnt know where to post "ineedhelp" threads.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wrecked mine too in the exact same way. I wish i could get to the more info part but i have no icons....just ipod time and battery power on the top.

Jayman11

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read the more info part before it got messed up. I always do that before installing. Anyway, have you got it fixed yet? Its been a really crappy week for me and this one has the top of the list

Thanks

nope...i tried restoring through itunes and get an error that i cannot restore. I can still see everything with, i forget the app name, in the bottom right corner of my screen. Someone, help! I cant do crap with my phone now cause of this app!

Jayman11

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here, f*ck this program, i can only get into music if i use the double click shortcut, i just have a blank home screen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i use a jailbreak to unlock my iphone it worked but it does not read the card sim it only reads it if i upgrade firmware to 1.1.2 can anyone help

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone have the a link to the more info page for this, i would like to try SSH'ing in to fix this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy help................
    1.1.1 jailbroken iphone not reading sim it only reads the sim if upgrade to 1.1.2 can anyone help

Thanks

yeah, don't install this. If you trybto uninstall it destroys your home screen. I can't restore or anything now. Can't even contact boss tools through installer. Please someone help in fixing this manually!

the more info page gives no instructions, just says if you know ssh you can fix manually.
    Last edited by Jayman11; 12-29-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Developer
    Thanks

Jayman and Hanzuke can you guys give me some info on your setups? Did you have touches, or phones and what FW? I tried it on quite a few phones before releasing it. The issue is probably within your display order file in the springboard dir.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

bigbassy (02-04-2008), n.e.w.b.i.e. (02-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

markmon, I have an iPhone with 1.1.1 firmware, unlocked. I used categories then the games category i created ddnt show up so I decided to just play a few games, SMS a couple of times. After that, I went into customize to rearrange the icons and hide a few unused ones. When I checked, the order of icons was from the order of the games category i created. I went to the home screen and the SMB restarted as it should when you exit customize, then it happened. The iPod phrase where the carrier should be and no icons on my homescreen. Do you have a guide on how to fix this through SSH? or Would you know where to find one?

Developer
    Thanks

I went to the home screen and the SMB restarted as it should when you exit customize, then it happened. The iPod phrase where the carrier should be and no icons on my homescreen. Do you have a guide on how to fix this through SSH? or Would you know where to find one?
    There's not like a guide or anything. I'm trying very hard to reproduce it. I have 3 phones here and cannot make it happen even using customize too.
    Anyways, the problem is probably in your /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist file. Can you send that to me somehow? Perhaps paste the contents of it at www.pastebin.com
    Last edited by BigBoss; 12-29-2007 at 09:22 PM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

n.e.w.b.i.e. (02-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    My iphone is screwed as well. The phone just boots to an empty home screen.

Any help appreciated,

Pranx

Developer
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I cannot help anyone with the lack of details I am getting here. I need to see a paste of your display order file, know the firmware you are running, and the *exact* steps you took to get to where you are now. About 10 of us have run this thing and no one can reproduce any errors. Unless I can get some information, this will never be fixable.

For 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 users, paste me your /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist on www.pastebin.com and send me a link. For 1.0.2 users, /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist
    -BigBoss

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

gameon (12-30-2007), n.e.w.b.i.e. (02-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

heres the link markmon http://pastebin.com/m7dab02e3

hope it helps. I used wordpad to open it. Will that work? Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just sent you pm with my info.

Thanks,

Pranx

Developer
    Thanks

Man that file is so hosed. That's the whole thing? Take this one:
    http://markmon.mine.nu:90/M68AP.plist. Overwrite yours with it at /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/M68AP.plist
    Reboot your phone and see if it comes up. You can then load customize and reorder your icons. It is the stock 1.1.1 M68AP.plist that comes with your phone. I sure would like some help trying to reproduce this though.
    -BigBoss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey markmon, I have 1.1.2, will that m68ap.plist file work for me?

Pranx

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

This happened to me too on 1.1.2 after creating categories, then deleting some without removing their contents, then I made a new category with almost all the apps on my phone in it. Here's my Plist file http://pastebin.com/m598b413e
    Hope that helps, this program has so much potential.

Developer
    Thanks

For everyone that's having problems, I added a stock 1.1.1/1.1.2 plist file to my installer repository. If you install this, it will put your phone back to "stock" order and you can use customize to reorder your icons. If you cant get ot springboard, you can run installer from SSH by typing:
    /Applications/Installer.app/Installer
    It is in the "tweaks" category right now but should show up as recent. This should repair the damage done while I debug.

To anyone else having this problem please continue to paste your steps and the pastebin it is very helpful.

I will work on trying to improve this problem tonight.
    I have 1.1.2, will that m68ap.plist file work for me?
    It should.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 12-29-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    -BigBoss

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

hanzuke51 (12-29-2007), KingRedmer (12-29-2007), scottvalentine (12-29-2007)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast