+ Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Categories messed up my iphone

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
1.1.2 and no problem from this app yet...but i'll be sure not to uninstall it until your problems are figured out.
    Thanks

1.1.2 and no problem from this app yet...but i'll be sure not to uninstall it until your problems are figured out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you so much, that did the trick...Too bad, I really like your program. I'll have to wait to see what I did wrong before I install it again, though.

Developer
    Thanks

then I made a new category with almost all the apps on my phone in it
    This is something I havent done before. I'll try this. I'll also try to incorporate something that doesnt actually write the new plist until it validates that it's ok. In the short term, that may cause the app to not be able to update some stuff but it shouldnt damage anything that way.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Thanks

I'm no programmer, but would moving the Settings app around have messed anything up? If it helps, I think the only things I didn't add were: phone, sms, mail, chat, safari, and BossPrefs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

here is my plist http://pastebin.com/m18594eed
    I use 1.1.2, not unlocked
    i did get a memory almost full error around the time i installed this
    customize 1.20
    i tried to make a games folder put all my games in it, the app crashed backed to the home screen, but the categories didn't take, restarted the phone, all icons missing, but can still recieve calls and texts, and call out with bluetooth
    i have
    imapidle
    islots
    isolitaire
    Jiggy runtime
    butterfly
    caissa
    cave
    contrasense
    frotz isnake
    labyrinth
    lights off
    nes
    psx4all
    rockfall
    idigger
    iSMS
    MobileRSS
    BSD subsystem
    openSSH
    summerboard
    dressup
    ifartz
    Moo
    audioamp
    catergories
    iTRAC
    SMSD
    taskbar notifier
    video capture
    installed
    hope this helps u iron out the bug

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks markmon. I really like this app. Ill wait for future releases! Good luck w/ ironing out the bugs!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The plist worked. Thanks markmon. It is kind of funny but alot of people seemed to have problems while making a games folder. Coincidence?
    Anyways...thanks for working on the issue this evening~

Pranx

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, guess im one of the lucky few this app didn't screw with. I have installed and made a games, utilities, and iphone category and put everything in them except pictures and camera which i guess can't be moved because they don't show up in the menu of items to add. Anyway so far seems like a GREAT app, but you better believe im not going to uninstall or even tweak it anymore until this is all cleared up.

Developer
    Thanks

I found a major bug. If you never used customize to adjust display order before running this tool, it will cause this problem. It wasnt dealing with the Binary PList files correctly. However, anyone that used customize to adjust display order even one time should be immuned to what I found. If you added files to a category then used customize after, it would not matter, it would still have done the damage. Can any of you confirm whether or not you have used customize prior to running categories or not to adjust display order? This will help me determine if this is the only issue or not.

I fixed this issue in 1.10 and also fixed a categories app crash when going between the add, edit, menus a few times.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 12-30-2007 at 01:24 AM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ran customize alot of times before I found your Categories app. Although I think I ddnt use it once since the time i turned the phone on yesterday and found your app.

Hope that helps!

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

I used customize alot, but not to change my icon order

Developer
    Thanks

I used customize alot, but not to change my icon order
    Yep, this would do it. I put an update in my installer. Let's see if that fixes all this. This is tricky to update because of all the launcher apps that get installed. I had to write an "updater" that gets called from within installer, also. Hope to get the app stable so I can submit it to STE. If anyone has any issues just run /Applications/Installer.app/Installer from SSH term and then install the 1.1.1 / 1.1.2 display order (or reinstall it) and you should be back up and running.
    -BigBoss

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

tootootoo (12-30-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have used customize to change icon order and hide apps.

Pranx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Had the same problem. Made a games folder then after creating one called Random Crap it crapped out. Got the new file through installer and its all better. DID use customize before using your app. w00t!
    Last edited by tootootoo; 12-30-2007 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks

I'd used customize since its release, but can't recall if I used it before installing your program. I know I used it after installing and making 3 categories, I reordered them. Then I deleted them and made 1 big category and that's when problems started.

amf
    Green Apple
    Thanks

My experience with this app is use it or set it up first before re-ordering your icons using customize.

If you use this app to set up your categories, add apps to categories then use customize to re-order icons and then use it (categories) again to edit your categories, all your icons will disappear when your springboard re-springs.

I'm on FW 1.1.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok dont know if you have all this figured out as of yet but that new plist file you put up fixed me back to normal. Anywayz...here's where me problem came in:

All on a 1.1.1 jailbroken phone w/ customize installed

Installed Categories
    Created Games Folder and added about 5 games
    Created Utilites Folder and added about 10 utilities
    On the home screen I noticed that some of the utilities were still on the home screen and also inside of the folders.
    Decided to uninstall.
    Homescreen still showed the two folders but also the icons were inside still and now all on homescreen.
    Removed the Games.app and Utilities.app through MobileFinder and rebooted and BAM! Notta on my homescreen.

Hope this helps you figure it out, i'm sure part of it was my stupidity for not just asking first and just deleting those somehow.

Jayman11

Also just noticed after going into customize to reorder my icons again.....there is still a utuilites item on there, no icon next to it or anything but it's still there after the new plist.

Jayman11
    Last edited by Jayman11; 12-30-2007 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what about iTouch 1.1.2?
    can i install this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I just installed this on my 1.1.2 phone and just have to say awesome work! Not sure about the bugs in the older version as I didn't use it, but the new one is working fine for me.

I love this app, thanks so much!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had problem today with Customize, i think i deleted Safari, SMB, Installer and Customize. I put them in a customized folder together. After a while i decide to remove a few of them from this folder and pressed delete.. Yep! Now all the above apps are gone from iphone. How can i put installer back on?