Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Categories messed up my iphone

Red face Excuse me...
    My solution, my friend, was for un-hiding the hidden icons. And the response was
    for those who had that particular problem. I also came across
    with your problem once or twice while i was messing around with my iphone.
    I think that the problem is caused by the number of icons installed with
    the app and probably the icons installed by user (icon pack V1 for categories),
    or maybe the adds that keep running at the bottom of the app while the selection
    of a particular icon for a particular category (probably a memory issue).
    My solution was to ssh into the folder : root\Applications\Categories.app\icons
    and deleting all the unnecessary icons leaving only the ones i needed.
    Then i would run the app again making the categories and creating one by one the categories.
    I think the key to this solution is making small steps at a time. That means ...
    creating a category ... inserting apps then respring and then creating a new category.
    Or creating all categories at once ... respring and then fill up every category with a respring for each one everytime.
    For those icons that keep staying on your springboard , the spoof app would do the job.
    I would recommend SBsettings or Bossprefs but not both at the same time.

P.s.Excuse my English its not my native language

I've been through SBS, Categories and POOF as well. The thing is they all Crash on me every now n then and then all of a sudden all apps fall out of categories.

I've tried the one category at a time approach but it bombs sometimes (e.g. Games category has 37). Then I go about doing the POOF thing and it crashes by the time I reach bottom of the LIST of icons.

If only a small REAPPLY HIDE for all CATEGORY ICONS / APPS iterator was there in Categories App it would be great. Otherwise it take so many steps of crashing and burning in HOPE to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by vgpp View Post
    My solution, my friend, was for un-hiding the hidden icons. And the response was
    for those who had that particular problem. I also came across
    with your problem once or twice while i was messing around with my iphone.
    I think that the problem is caused by the number of icons installed with
    the app and probably the icons installed by user (icon pack V1 for categories),
    or maybe the adds that keep running at the bottom of the app while the selection
    of a particular icon for a particular category (probably a memory issue).
    My solution was to ssh into the folder : rootApplicationsCategories.appicons
    and deleting all the unnecessary icons leaving only the ones i needed.
    Then i would run the app again making the categories and creating one by one the categories.
    I think the key to this solution is making small steps at a time. That means ...
    creating a category ... inserting apps then respring and then creating a new category.
    Or creating all categories at once ... respring and then fill up every category with a respring for each one everytime.
    For those icons that keep staying on your springboard , the spoof app would do the job.
    I would recommend SBsettings or Bossprefs but not both at the same time.

P.s.Excuse my English its not my native language

The new version-update for the app "Categories" (V2.23) shows a "memory free" and a "respring needed" tab at the top of the application window. While you are trying to make your folders,look the amount of memory available and try to stop at the point where "free memory" is low , or "respring needed" is yes. Since the last restore of the iphone, i haven't experienced any problems with the categories app. I "kept to the schedule" when the app told me to and everything went ok. There is still some issue with the memory usage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vgpp For This Useful Post:

crashnburn_in (03-09-2009)

Categories definitely needs a "redo all" option -- and it would be SO SIMPLE to add too!

Imagine my grief when, after enabling "numeric battery" on iphone 3g 3.0, all my hidden apps came back to life, and I had 9 pages of the mess. Categories still showed them in the categories, but the apps were un-hidden.

PLEASE PLEASE add a "redo all" option that would read the categories database, and hide the apps that are mentioned to be in categories..

Thanks! -tk

Has anybody had a problem with the camera and photos icon disappearing after a respring. I'm looking for a permanent fix to this problem if anybody has one. The only way I have been able to get them to come back is to hide them and then unhide them again with SBSettings. But after every respring the are hidden again. I used to have them in a folder but now I'm back to storing them on my springboard. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I have tried to reinstall categories and I have tried to update the com.apple.springboard.plist to try to fix this.
    Last edited by warnera82; 06-03-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910