Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No YouTube but MXtube works??

Talking No YouTube but MXtube works??
    I have jailbroken and unlocked my phone with iLiberty.. Even tested the phone with a Verizon SIM and it worked! Anyway, right after the Jailbreak/Unlock I tested YouTube, since I knew this would be a possible issue. YouTube worked.

Time goes by and all of a sudden YT stopped working both on Edge and WIFI just recently.

I tried all 3 of the fixes but still nothing.. I am able to view and load videos from Featured, History, and Bookmarked when YT was working. The only thing not working was the search function.

I had MXtube on my phone so I decided to give it a shot. Low and behold the search function works!!

For the time being I will stop messing with the YT fixes/patches, I just wanted to give all the people that are having problems with their YT a heads up. If you have MXTube on your phone, give it a shot..

It just might work!

Any comments? Thoughts?

With a Verizon SIM card huh?

Okie dokie

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

where do i buy this verizon sim card, my girlfriend wants an iphone but i laugh at her daily because of the cmda setup verion uses. so how bout it pal
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

some help on this situation would be nice, also why is it a surprise to hear about a verizon sim card? They are actually opening up their network to support other phones besides CDMA devices. Anyways, I too have the same problem on my phone, no matter what fix I use I still get the cannot connect to youtube error. Could they have caught onto something? All the unlocking and such was done with ziphon. On my girls phone I used pwnage and hers works. Something has to be up with the programs you use I guess, I would do pwnage but I used ziphon because of a specific reason. Thanks for any kind of help towards this situation.

Same thing happen to me all i did open itunes and syc to enable youtube and it work after that. I also used iliberty.
    Code:

With no thanks to the sarcastic comments in this thread.. I have fixed my youtube, without having to go through the restore process. I will post my fix when I get home.

As for the "verizon sim" comments. I asked if anyone had a non at&t sim card and my gfs cousin told me she has verizon. So i popped out her sim card and tested it out in my phone and it worked.

I am at work right now so to be sure I will try another sim card to test. I am sure the phone is unlocked..

I didn't realize how immature some of the members were on his forum..

I never knew there were iPhone elitists, I am sorry if I offended your nerdy a$$es.