Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do we install psx roms into the iPhone?

Default How do we install psx roms into the iPhone?
    Ok so we know how to install the psx emulator now,but how do we get the roms into the device? I know a great place to get roms,but have NO clue how to upload them to the device...Can anyone help?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to billyblank For This Useful Post:

SBF (04-27-2008)

Thanks

jsut download them and put them into Media/ROMs/PSX.....you have to make the psx directory in the media/roms folder....either way you do it right now don't matter cause it runs really slow right now....so until updates come out i wouldn't rush

if you have downloaded them, they may come in 7 peices, put them all in a folder and select them all and unzip with winrar. the file you need is the one that ends in 1 of these.
    ISO, .IMG, .BIN, .Z, .ZNX

if you have ripped your own disk, it may come in 3 parts, put all 3 in your roms/psx directory

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trooper For This Useful Post:

gmoney360 (03-05-2008), quemulasphiric (12-23-2007), Zakaryya (01-24-2008)

Thank you,but do I use software from my computer to install them (i have xp)? I honestly do not know where to start,in terms of getting the data on to the phone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to billyblank For This Useful Post:

Trooper (12-23-2007)

ill explain to you how im doing it

ive got ifinder from installer, so ive created a new folder inside my /var/root/media/roms called PSX

in my case, there are 3 files because ive ripped my own disk, so i've downloaded iphonebrowser (http://www.iphone4world.com/?dl=12)

on the right side i have navigated too var>root>media>roms>psx

and now i've just copied and pasted them there, and they are still copying right now (600mb gonna be all night)

if you have the 7 files you will need to extract them like i explained before, and do this with just 1 file

and if you have more/less files, tell me and ill try to find out how to get it on

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trooper For This Useful Post:

billyblank (12-23-2007), gmoney360 (03-05-2008), mikefromearth (12-25-2007), naanimurali (01-21-2009), quemulasphiric (12-23-2007), Zakaryya (01-24-2008)

iphone browser wont download to my computer,is there an alternate program i can use?

winSPC is another. but only for windows, but you'd have to google it, cant remember the download link off the top of my head.
    username: root
    host name: your ip
    password: "alpine" or "dottie"

dunno bout mac though, sry

theres 2 versions of iphonebrowser btw, i found only 1 worked for me
    but this may be another windows-only thing

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trooper For This Useful Post:

billyblank (12-23-2007), gmoney360 (03-05-2008), mikefromearth (12-25-2007), Zakaryya (01-24-2008)

How well are the controls implemented. Also could someone post a link for roms
    If your not First, Your Last!
    -Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by manwayvan View Post
    NO, No links to ROMs

Quote Originally Posted by manwayvan View Post
    i find its quite easy to use the controls, i dont really seem to "miss" like i did on the nes emulator

if you have psx cd's, you can follow this guide to get the info from the cd so it runs on the emulator http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...d.php?t=15823# (sorry if this isnt allowed, im assuming it is because it doesnt host roms, but feel free to remove this link if need be)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trooper For This Useful Post:

gmoney360 (03-05-2008), quemulasphiric (12-23-2007)

hey everyone..i was just wondering if anyone had any luck on any way to upload psx files from a Mac?

I reccommend using Total Commander to transfer roms. It looks exactly like winSCP but sends data through the usb cable. Here is a tutorial with Total Commander included and everything else needed to deal with psx4all.

http://zodttd.com/forum/index.php?topic=69.0

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to runningwild For This Useful Post:

gmoney360 (03-05-2008), seph213 (12-24-2007)

i use iphonebrowser 1.2.0 !! i went to var/root/media and there was no rom folder !! so i created one and created a psx folder !! i put a rom wich is a bin file !! wen i go on my iphone and open psx emulator it says no roms where found please upload roms to /var/root/ROMs/PSX

any suggestion why it aint workin ??

i got the OTB iphone 1.1.2

problem solved !! i just had 2 add the CU file !! i actualy folowed the tutorial of totalcomander to find out at the end that i needed 2 add that CU file !! still tho totalcomander is way faster 2 upload big files then iphonebrowser !! thanks for posting the guide !!
    Last edited by seph213; 12-24-2007 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by maxtor View Post
    YOU HAVE TO PUT BIOS FILE CALLED "SCPH1001" IN FOLDER ROMs-PSX.
    Here is the bios file taht work for me
    isnt is uppose to be all lower case?

You can use a a program called Cyberduck to SSH into your ipod, and then you just create this new folder Media/ROMs/PSX and drop all your roms into it. Simple as that As for finding cyberduck, just google it for a free download.

I found a program to use,its an old one but it works..Im using ibrickr(for windows),go to files on the main menu of ibrickr and locate the PSX folder you created and upload them there.I am running 1.1.1 with ibrickir and no problems have arised,it is also the way i have been doing my nes roms as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    if you have downloaded them, they may come in 7 peices, put them all in a folder and select them all and unzip with winrar. the file you need is the one that ends in 1 of these.
    ISO, .IMG, .BIN, .Z, .ZNX

if you have ripped your own disk, it may come in 3 parts, put all 3 in your roms/psx directory
    Where would we all be without dudes like yourself. Thank You

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Zakaryya For This Useful Post:

rossmnz (03-27-2008)

Ive been trying to get roms into it. I have a 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroken 16gb iphone running on at&t. I use a mac and have used cyberduck. I used bosstool to allow me to download on the partition not containing os stuff. I created a folder for roms after doing boss tool i.e. var/mobile/media/ROMs/PSX ..... I downloaded scph1001.whatever and put it into the folder for the app. But when I go into the emulator it doesnt say that no roms are found.....the rom Ive tried to install just doesnt show up. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by illusionist987 View Post
    Ive been trying to get roms into it. I have a 1.1.4 unlocked and jailbroken 16gb iphone running on at&t. I use a mac and have used cyberduck. I used bosstool to allow me to download on the partition not containing os stuff. I created a folder for roms after doing boss tool i.e. var/mobile/media/ROMs/PSX ..... I downloaded scph1001.whatever and put it into the folder for the app. But when I go into the emulator it doesnt say that no roms are found.....the rom Ive tried to install just doesnt show up. Any help?

Im having the same problem...i basically downloaded 12 parts of final fantasy 7 lol and then zipped then zipped them up all into one zipped file. The extension is ".7z" anyway i have put it in the right folder but its not showing the game on my iphone?? any ideas? thanks

Thanks
    cant be .7z extract that for the iso,img,bin or whatnot
    Iphone 3G, unlocked & activated.
    Windows XP SP3.
    T-Mobile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast