Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't place calls, everything else works.

Default iPhone won't place calls, everything else works.
    Hey there. I'm posting this hoping that someone could help me find a solution to my problem.
    I've had my iPhone for two months and it was fully unlocked, working perfectly with the 1.1.1 firmware. Two days ago, totally out of the blue it stopped making calls. It would still receive calls and text msgs, but whenever I try to make a call it stays mute and finally gives me a "call failed" message. I already called the celphone company to ask if there was something wrong with my account but everything is fine and it was supposed to be making calls normally.
    I didn't change any configurations on it or anything, what could it be?
    Thanks in advance.

A friend had the same problem, just did a restore and everything was ok afterwards.

I have restored it several times to both 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 and it's still the same. Really weird.

Ok, after 30 restores and having read probably every documentation on the iPhone on the web I figured out what my problem was: the sim card.
    I decided to remove it and clean it. I just used a pencil eraser and it did the trick. Now everything is back to normal.
    Last edited by deadwilder; 12-21-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost