Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPoker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Since this is back up again,

Pat, you'll find the majority to want texas hold'em as the primary app. Straight poker is an old man's game. Hold'em is the hottest game on the planet, and the one to put down if you are going to make any efforts to make one.

If you release a straight poker game, someone is going to drop a hold'em game and walk away with it. Put hold'em out first, then follow with 5 card stud, straight poker, and other variants.

.......and send me the beta.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely agree HOld em has to be first then put out the other styles of poker then everyone will be happy.

you're all right about texas hold'em. it's way more fun to play.
    i'm currently learning my way through iphone development and my learning project happens to be texas hold'em. right now i'm in the middle of moving to a new flat and can't continue my work on that. also the summer semester is starting soon, and i'll have to see how much time will be left to work on it, but i'll try my best.

in the mean time, there is scenario poker for mobile safari, which is good enough for the moment, but of course only while connected to the internet (which is especially annoying for ipod touch users).

i thought of 2 weeks active development, which could spread out over more weeks, as for the reasons i gave.

i'm still undecided whether to implement multiplayer only or competition against the iphone first. both are evenly challenging i guess, as for multiplayer i would've to look into network code first, which would be something totally new for me, and otherwise writing a decent algorithm for computer players will also be "funny". well there is pokerth.sf.net, from which i could borrow a bit, i hope.

don't push me, and also feel free to create something yourselves. it's always nice to have alternatives and competition

Well well, i moved in completely, completed all the important real-life tasks. I've got more time now to continue this project. Had a nice "breakthrough" last night. I'm positive to get this done in my given timeframe. Yay! Now I'd just like to add some sunshine to the sky outside

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123