Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing Apps on a Jailbroken iPhone...

Default Installing Apps on a Jailbroken iPhone...
    Can somebody point me to either a Sticky or a site that explains how to install 3rd party apps on a Jail Broken phone?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching, but maybe I am being to specific. I think you guys know what i want. Thanks in advance.

Either use Installer.app
    or

To all the people asking where, to put the files:

- Go to your Applications Folder, make a new folder name (Whatever you want to call it).app
    - Then put all the files you unzipped into that new folder
    - Highlight them all, and set the permissions to 0755
    - Restart your phone
    - And you should now have this app working or as a matter of fact, and other app if you follow those directions....
    Digg

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Either use Installer.app
    or

To all the people asking where, to put the files:

- Go to your Applications Folder, make a new folder name (Whatever you want to call it).app
    - Then put all the files you unzipped into that new folder
    - Highlight them all, and set the permissions to 0755
    - Restart your phone
    - And you should now have this app working or as a matter of fact, and other app if you follow those directions....
    Digg
    Are you talking about the application folder on the Phone... and if so... how do you access this. Also how do you set the permissions in OSX - I assume I can use FTP software - such as transmit to do this

I have Windows, so I use WinSCP, but any of those sort of programs will work. The applications folder is accessed with a file browsing system, and its one of the main folders, easy to find.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

twiggs462 (12-13-2007)

how do you do that with an .IPA file extension??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

>.< i have the same question. i tried searching for a guide on manually importing apps into ipod touch but i couldnt find any.

can i just import the apps right into the itunes(drag and drop?) or do i need to do something/have another program to do that?

i have cydia and installer on my ipodtouch but the wifi in my area is just so crappy >.< so i cant get them directly off of the apps.