Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-13-2007, 07:12 AM #1Installing Apps on a Jailbroken iPhone...
Can somebody point me to either a Sticky or a site that explains how to install 3rd party apps on a Jail Broken phone?
Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried searching, but maybe I am being to specific. I think you guys know what i want. Thanks in advance.
12-13-2007, 07:23 AM #2
Either use Installer.app
To all the people asking where, to put the files:
- Go to your Applications Folder, make a new folder name (Whatever you want to call it).app
- Then put all the files you unzipped into that new folder
- Highlight them all, and set the permissions to 0755
- Restart your phone
- And you should now have this app working or as a matter of fact, and other app if you follow those directions....
12-13-2007, 09:20 AM #3
12-13-2007, 09:27 AM #4
I have Windows, so I use WinSCP, but any of those sort of programs will work. The applications folder is accessed with a file browsing system, and its one of the main folders, easy to find.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:
12-19-2008, 08:22 PM #5
how do you do that with an .IPA file extension??
12-23-2008, 01:28 AM #6
- Join Date
- Nov 2008
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
12-24-2008, 12:09 AM #7
>.< i have the same question. i tried searching for a guide on manually importing apps into ipod touch but i couldnt find any.
can i just import the apps right into the itunes(drag and drop?) or do i need to do something/have another program to do that?
i have cydia and installer on my ipodtouch but the wifi in my area is just so crappy >.< so i cant get them directly off of the apps.