Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Self timer and periodic shooting for camera

Angry Self timer and periodic shooting for camera
    The iPhone's camera lacks of an important feature, that is a self timer and also maybe the ability to take periodic photos to somehow supplement for the absent of video camera feature?

Anyone interested in making such an app?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    bump, anyone that knows how to use objective c help! This would be an amazing idea! I am willing to contribute and learn c to help

Ok, I am reading about gcc, Obj C and all stuff required to create native app. Hope I will get somewhere. Given the source code of World (iApp-a-day), I suppose this should not be very hard. But I have to go over all the above stuff first.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by quocanh001 View Post
    Ok, I am reading about gcc, Obj C and all stuff required to create native app. Hope I will get somewhere. Given the source code of World (iApp-a-day), I suppose this should not be very hard. But I have to go over all the above stuff first.
    i've been looking into it myself, i installed the toolchain and tried compiling a test app and got stuck there...

anyway! point of the story is, if there's anything i can do to help let me know i'm a quick learner, but i know 0 C

im working on a camera.app replacement with video functionality.. still testing the video stuff but a timer for the camera could be a feature to add to the camera .

Video would be the (.)(.)'s!

Jayman

@drunknbass: I can't wait till your camera.app comes out. Could you make it record while the phone is sleeping? That way would save lots of battery.
    @ybahman: this helps you build the toolchain automatically on Windows. I am trying it out
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....gwin+toolchain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to quocanh001 For This Useful Post:

ybahman (12-09-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by quocanh001 View Post
    @drunknbass: I can't wait till your camera.app comes out. Could you make it record while the phone is sleeping? That way would save lots of battery.
    @ybahman: this helps you build the toolchain automatically on Windows. I am trying it out
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread....gwin+toolchain
    thanks i was using that but just ran into a small problem.

ANYWAY Drunkbadass how are you going about making this app?