+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where to BSD Subsystems?

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
BSD Subsystems is no longer listed under Installer "Systems". Where can it be found, and how can I install it if is it no longer offered through Installer? I've refreshed
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Where to BSD Subsystems?
    BSD Subsystems is no longer listed under Installer "Systems". Where can it be found, and how can I install it if is it no longer offered through Installer? I've refreshed installer, looked for additional sources, and searched this site for answers, but it appears that Conceited no longer offers it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

So noone knows where to find BSD Subsystems anymore, what about all the apps that need it to run?

Thanks
    Last edited by ripped53; 12-06-2007 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Did you install Community Services first?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Yep I've installed Community Sources and almost every other source that I've come across. OpenSSH is still available uner systems but not BSD subsystem. I've check my uninstall list and BSD is not listed so I haven't installed it before. Not even thru ibrickr since it isn't compatible with 1.1.1.

Thanks

Well there's always THIS ONE
    White 3G

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Now this I do have "Lite" installed. But I am still unable to run swaptunes. Which I posted in a separate thread. I was under the asssumption that I needed all of the BSD Sub files for swaptunes to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Now this I do have "Lite" installed. But I am still unable to run swaptunes. Which I posted in a separate thread. I was under the asssumption that I needed all of the BSD Sub files for swaptunes to work.
    Uninstall BSD Lite v2.0 and then the full version will become available on Installer. I can't imagine what BSD utilities swaptunes needs that aren't in BSD Lite....
    White 3G

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

ripped53 (12-07-2007)

Thanks

Thank you, I didn't think about that bc I thought they were entirely different programs. I'll have to try that.

A followup question would be, and I can post elsewhere if needed, but what is the binkit and where can it be found?

Thanks

Post Rtfip
    Thank you, I didn't think about that bc I thought they were entirely different programs. I'll have to try that.

A followup question would be, and I can post elsewhere if needed, but what is the binkit and where can it be found?
    The "binkit", I think, was first released as a PXL package and then basically renamed or redone for Installer and called BSD. The ID for the BSD package(s), mine included is: "com.natetrue.iphone.iphone_binkit" (mentioned in detail on my info page)

(sigh).... if only people would read.... I mean seriously, I spend hours upon hours creating and updating info pages for all my Installer app packages and they are like the frackin' MisFit toys at Christmas....(left on an island for no one to see)

(insert shaking head icon here)
    White 3G

Thanks

Hey Cybergreg..... BSD lite would not uninstall. Every time I hit the uninstall button it would appear as if the uninstall process had began but then the phone would return to the lock screen. Any suggestions? I would assume the the BSD files become imbedded within the iPhone somewhere. Is that why it can't be uninstall?

Thanks

Hey Cybergreg..... BSD lite would not uninstall. Every time I hit the uninstall button it would appear as if the uninstall process had began but then the phone would return to the lock screen. Any suggestions? I would assume the the BSD files become imbedded within the iPhone somewhere. Is that why it can't be uninstall?
    Once installed it would be very, very tedious to list every single one on the uninstall and yes several are integrated in the phone, or rather the jailbreak process. There are also many apps that would break if you uninstall the BSD utilities.

All my uninstall process does is perform a fake uninstall of one bogus file which then removes the package from the list of installed apps, that's what's so puzzling as to the uninstall process having a problem.

I'll check into it and if I can find something, I'll release an update which will update the uninstall script.

PS Please post your firmware level and if you are using Installer 3.x.
    Thanks
    White 3G

Thanks

What is swaptunes?

Thanks

I am on firmware version 1.1.1. I'm using installer 3. As soon as it finishes refreshing I'll give exact details. Thank u so much for your help. Im just now putting things together. Uve come up up with some very good apps and utilites. When i first got my iphone i used almot all of ur apps and packages from ibrickr when my phone was 1.02.

Hope that things can be resolved and hopefully I'll be able to use swaptunez I was just out tonight at a bar and some one wanted to see my iphone. I would definitely like to be able to keep my private things private.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by mrt2 View Post
    What is swaptunes?
    Im sure that u have looked it up by now but it basically allows u to sync two separate music and video libraries to ur iphone. Two separate computers or if u just want to have a library of ur personal videos versus one for just common files for everyone to see.
    Last edited by ripped53; 12-08-2007 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Okay fixed the problem...

Use this source: web.mac.com/iswitcher2/patch.xml

Update your BSD to version 1.51 and then you can uninstall it. It will only be up for a few days...
    White 3G

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

ripped53 (12-29-2007)

Thanks

Okay fixed the problem...

Use this source: web.mac.com/iswitcher2/patch.xml

Update your BSD to version 1.51 and then you can uninstall it. It will only be up for a few days...

Thanks greg that's worked out perfectly. Installing the full bsd systems enable swaptunez and swapphoto without a problem.

Thanks
    Unhappy Still no BSD Subsystems
    When I follow the link it says, "Forbidden
    Your client does not have permission to get URL /p/applauncher/wiki/BSDLitev20 from this server." :[