+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: summerboard prob

is a discussion within the

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
i need to re install summerboard las its become currupt but cannot as its dissapeared of the installer i have tried to uninstall it but it comes up with a
    Thanks

Default summerboard prob
    i need to re install summerboard las its become currupt but cannot as its dissapeared of the installer i have tried to uninstall it but it comes up with a script error so i cannot repair it i need to repair it as i cannot run some other apps without it can anyone help

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same problem the other night, tried to uninstall Summerboard, but it wouldn't uninstall (gave me an error), yet it was not on my phone. Since I couldn't uninstall it, there was no option to reinstall it to try to fix it. I ended up restoring my phone and jailbreaking it again. Hopefully someone else can help you fix it without having to do that.

Thanks

well i used ibrickr to install and older of summerboard version 2.1 and my phone came back on but the dock bar is on the top of screen so i cannot use these functions.

all i need to do is install the summerboard 3.again but getting hold of program is near impossible. its **** program if it screws your iphone up and it dont allow you to reinstall. is ther anyway of getting hold of version 3 or getting the latest on ibrickr. again ibrickr software most are out of date out of date maybe it need an option to update to latest apps. can ANYONE GIVE ME A LINK TO THE NEW SUMMERBOARD PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

ALSO advice if i restore 1.1.2 on an already unlocked phone will this clear the unlock or will i have to get it unlocked again. i dont want to do this so im hoping summerboard will release its new version until it can fix its major bug when uninstalling it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMirc For This Useful Post:

sakhr (12-08-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem....PLEASE HELP US. Im scared to do anything by myself cause I might brick my phone. Please help.

Thanks

If you want use Springboard without Summerboard, just edit

System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

and remove this string

Code:
    /Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework/SummerBoard.dylib
    in Root > EnvironmentVariables > DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES

Because Springboard gets stuck as it can't find the dylib.

(the direct link for the latest Summerboard is here http://home.cogeco.ca/~nullriver/SummerBoard.zip)

this is thanks to guys on hackintosh site

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jodiedicie's Avatar
    Thanks

Out of curiosity did that work for you? Putting Summerboard manually back on your phone? I tried to do it, but it didn't work for me and that is why I had to restore and jailbreak again.