Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone messed up during update, now nothing is working anymore

Default iPhone messed up during update, now nothing is working anymore
    Hi!

I had a more or less perfectly working 1.1.1 unlocked iPhone. As I checked the installer for updates this weekend, there were several (six) updates available. I know the term "never touch a running system" but you can always hope for improvement, right? Big mistake...

The iPhone locked up when installing, then reset into the boot screen, and always "rebooted" onto that screen every 3-5 minutes. You could turn it off, but when you turn it back on, it would stick at the boot screen and reboot to it probably until the battery is empty. Yay.

So I had my system setup and running before the 1.1.2 update was released back in the day, so I had no clue about all the new fancy stuff on this forum, and I pretty much got lost. Basically, I just wanted a working phone, so I probably messed it up even more by getting confused with all the new guidey, programs and stuff.

I booted the phone into the "iTunes and cable" screen and wanted to restore it with the standard firmware that iTunes offers at the moment (without pressing shift), so I guess I landed up having 1.1.2, which somehow didn't work either. No idea I got confused at that point. So I got back into that cable screen, held shift and wanted to load the 1.1.1 FW.
    I whether have a clue why it didn't work anymore nor what I was doing exactly, but the end of the story was that I had an activated 1.1.1 iPhone with stock settings, but I couldn't get onto my provider (T-Mobile) with the SIM card, although I used anySIM (that new one 1.2e or whatever).

So smart as I was, I put the iPhone into DFU mode and wanted to restore to 1.0.2. That didn't seem to work, since it got stuck at some point and locked up my phone to the cable screen again. And this is where I am stuck now.

I cannot reset the phone to the standard screen with iBrickr (green screen), on the other side, restoring with iTunes turns off my phone and the process gets stuck with the bar about at 15%. So basically I have a fully UNfunctional phone and cannot get it out of there anymore.

Can someone please help me? I have to get the phone back running by tonight (it's 10:41pm already) and I have no clue what or where to start to get my phone normal and unlocked again. The phone was imported from the US and is ot one of those crappy German OTB 1.1.2's.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If it was working as 1.1.1, you updated to 1.1.2 then back to 1.1.1 then applied the anysim 1.2u, that anysim version is for the 1.1.2 fw versions.

Either reinstall 1.1.1, do oktoprep and upgrade to 1.1.2, or virginize your baseband and reunlock using anysim 1.1 I think (you need to look up which one is the right one for 1.1.1)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to defmute For This Useful Post:

Racing.Ray (12-05-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    If it was working as 1.1.1, you updated to 1.1.2 then back to 1.1.1 then applied the anysim 1.2u, that anysim version is for the 1.1.2 fw versions.

Either reinstall 1.1.1, do oktoprep and upgrade to 1.1.2, or virginize your baseband and reunlock using anysim 1.1 I think (you need to look up which one is the right one for 1.1.1)
    If I could! I am stuck in the restore phase and nothing happens

Okay, so I got as far as to install oktoprep and start the upgrade to 1.1.2, but now the upgrade is stuck since about 10mins, and the "cable screen" is on the iphone since then:

I doubt it takes as long to upgrade, but I will just wait until someone can figure out what is wrong... help
    Last edited by Racing.Ray; 12-05-2007 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No it shouldn't take that long to upgrade. You need to virginize your Baseband, and then completely restore your phone to 1.0.2. Then do the following to upgrade to 1.1.1. Then setup your phone to upgrade to 1.1.2. You need to start from the beginning.

Reako

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

Racing.Ray (12-05-2007)

Do you have a guide at hand which can bring me from my currently messed up situation to virginizing the baseband, please? I am really confused with all the different guides at the moment

Okay.. Thanks to this guide, I am able to get my iPhone back to 1.1.1 successfully
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669

I used AnySIM 1.1, I installed oktoprep and upgraded to 1.1.2. Since I am not an AT&T customer, I cannot activate my phone over iTunes. iDemocracy2 doesn't seem to be able to do so either, and I can't jailbreak with the 1.1.2 jailbreak software either, saying it can't connect (although I have the wireless on and SSH was installed back in 1.1.1).

Can anyone tell me how to get my 1.1.2 iPhone activated, jailbroken and unlocked, please?
    Last edited by Racing.Ray; 12-06-2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost