Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big Boss Installer Not Working!?!

Default Big Boss Installer Not Working!?!
    okay,

i've entered the big boss source over 5 times now, refreshed it, exited out of installer, turned my phone off/on, restarted my phone, everything, and still its shows its in the "uncategorized" sources as "untitled source".

when i go to the install tab, its not there. any help please!!!

i'm trying to get ahold of the youtube unlock app for my 1.0.2 unlocked phone.

thanks so much!

help this young grasshoppa!
    Last edited by iphonerox; 12-05-2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

what does the big boss source have in it?\

200th Post

not sure, but the one thing i know it has is an unlock app to gain access to youtube for unlocked iphones. and my youtube currrently doesn't work. help!

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

i think hacktheiphone.com has installer source that has all of the same stuff as bigboss,,,,and bigboss is just temp shut down...prob just mantaining his server!!and his youtube fix is for 1.0.2!
    Last edited by jedinight; 12-05-2007 at 12:07 PM.

^ perfect!

do you know what the site is for the source hacktheiphone? i don't see it on the list of rogue sources

or is it just hacktheiphone.com
    Last edited by iphonerox; 12-05-2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow, I've tried to manually follow instructions on how to perform the youtube fix and it never worked. I tried big boss's solution via installer, and it worked like a charm! Even over Edge. Very fast. I'm impressed. Thanks!

oh, by the way. If you haven't installed BSD subsystem, you need to do that before you can download big boss's fix. It wouldn't work before I did that.
    Last edited by dicksharard; 12-05-2007 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the problem is, is i can't even get the boss installer to show up. i typed the http:// link case sensitive, refreshed, restarted the iphone, and still it shows up as unknown source

the problem is, is i can't even get the boss installer to show up. i typed the http:// link case sensitive, refreshed, restarted the iphone, and still it shows up as unknown source
    My installer has moved to sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

can i get some help please with the installer. i installed a few apps and then when i tap on them to open them it kicks me out and takes me back to the home screen. i am also getting the "mainscript execution failed" error when i attempt to download some apps. can someone please help. i have been trying to get this working and i have not had any luck.

can i get some help please with the installer. i installed a few apps and then when i tap on them to open them it kicks me out and takes me back to the home screen. i am also getting the "mainscript execution failed" error when i attempt to download some apps. can someone please help. i have been trying to get this working and i have not had any luck.
    Install BSD subsystem before you install anything else then try it.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

i had that installed since my phone was unlocked. some of my apps download but then when i try to launch them they close out and take me back to the home screen. the most recent is when i downloaded the "make it mine" app and the updated "customize" app

>>> My installer has moved to sleepers.net/iphonerepo

That source has been down all day.
    Last edited by Truckerbear; 12-18-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: me
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

>>> My installer has moved to sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    That source has been down all day.
    It's back up. We took it down because I was locked out of the FTP server. Long story, but its all fixed.
    -BigBoss

hey your source installed perfectly and i installed the youtube activation but for some reason it still does not work... any suggestions?

this problem with you tube happens sometimes. The only solution I've ever seen when the installer fails is to restore and try again or to just install the youtube web app and hide the youtube icon with customize.
    -BigBoss

Thanks

Default Really??
    Oh! My Gawwd! you guys really want to install the big boss??? I can't UNINSTALL it?? hehehee It has caused all sorts of problems for me, and now I can't uninstall it?? It keeps saying "error" script executed failed" what do I do? I actually kinda liked it, from the little bit i saw, it seemed like it had alot of really cool stuff, but, now my dialerpad is stuck and when i try to dial out, it takes me straight to the homescreen??
    I don't know what else to do? Any suggestions? Thanks
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Oh! My Gawwd! you guys really want to install the big boss??? I can't UNINSTALL it?? hehehee It has caused all sorts of problems for me, and now I can't uninstall it?? It keeps saying "error" script executed failed" what do I do? I actually kinda liked it, from the little bit i saw, it seemed like it had alot of really cool stuff, but, now my dialerpad is stuck and when i try to dial out, it takes me straight to the homescreen??
    I don't know what else to do? Any suggestions? Thanks
    Uh what? "the bigboss" is not a package to install. What are you talking about?
    -BigBoss

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markmon View Post
    Uh what? "the bigboss" is not a package to install. What are you talking about?
    OK! Whatever you wanna call it! So you've NEVER heard of big boss before??? Yeah, that.... can't uninstall it! Actually, what is stuck as a dialer pad, that might be the problem instead, or along with, is the
    Aqwoah Dialer for 1.1.1 theh stupid thing doesn't let me use the phone, or the text part, when i hit those icons, it takes me straight back to the homescreen! Ugh!! I already uninstalled the AlohaSoft and all that, that was associated with the dumb dialer pad! Or bar, or whatever ya wanna call it! Anyway, thanks for your help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    OK! Whatever you wanna call it! So you've NEVER heard of big boss before??? Yeah, that.... can't uninstall it! Actually, what is stuck as a dialer pad, that might be the problem instead, or along with, is the
    Aqwoah Dialer for 1.1.1 theh stupid thing doesn't let me use the phone, or the text part, when i hit those icons, it takes me straight back to the homescreen! Ugh!! I already uninstalled the AlohaSoft and all that, that was associated with the dumb dialer pad! Or bar, or whatever ya wanna call it! Anyway, thanks for your help.
    umm, he is big boss! And you never got round to saying what it is you can't uninstall. There is the big boss repository and there are a bunch of big boss programs.
    Can you try typing in some form of English when asking for help? It's not hard
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Can you try typing in some form of English when asking for help? It's not hard[/QUOTE]

WOW! I'm not typing in English?? Hmm... maybe someone can help me with that too! And obviously YOUR not helping me, so tone down the saracasm!
    I don't see you telling anyone on page 1, not to call big boss, the sames things I've called it?? So why pick on me?? OH! I'm a girl, it's ok, don't be afraid of the guys.
    So anyways, to someone who might be able to actually help me, the main big boss, that is under sources, it say big boss community, THAT is what I can't uninstall, it reads "Main script execution failed"! so not sure what to do? But again, it's the Aqwoah Dialer for 1.1.1 that is stuck, and what I see as my dialer pad, and it;s not even showing the whole pad, #'s in the bottom are missing, so MAYBE that's the problem?? Not sure, any HELP would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ok, problem solved! I'm on 1.1.2 now, everything back to normal!
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 12-24-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast